Friday, July 14, 2017

OMG...what could go wrong?

Keep your fingers crossed in hopes Sara does not go postal this morning while dealing with the post office.  They introduced a new system for mail orders in which you put no postage on your packages, and the post office will deduct the postage from your account.  So she has her mail orders ready to go this morning and this will be the first time she's trying the new system.  But she's also ready to do battle with the postman in Salty Yarns.  I mean really, what could go wrong with this system.   I'll try to keep you posted or open an account for you to help me bail her out of jail.  In stitching news I finished all embellishment of Patriotic Poppies and will have it up on the blog as soon as the pillow is completed.  Yea!!! New start ahead.  I went through all my WIP and will pick out one to work on along with a brand new piece, as soon as I get home.  It's so exciting, isn't it, when you go through stash and see all the charts you loved, and so hard to pick just one (which is part of my sickness), but I shall give it the old college try.  I'm thinking Halloween....if I start now I'll be sure to have it done.  I'm also working on a piece along with Stasi and Debbie.  I don't know how far along they are, but I started it a couple of weeks ago, worked on it for about 2 hrs and put it in a bag and forgot about it.  I unearthed it yesterday, recalled that we were suppose to have the lid done by July 31st, so I'm back on it again.  I'm almost half way done the lid (do you hear me Debbie and Stasi) and feel certain I can keep up with this time line.  Then yesterday I ordered the special kit from Down Sunshine Lane.  If you haven't seen it, they have it under new on the website and since it's beachy and from Hands on Design, I just had to have it.  So it's on it's way to my house....whoppee!  Beth Jernigan was in the shop this week and we were talking about Theresa Baird's "Cottage by the Sea Sewing Set" and since we both love it and have it in our stash we were thinking about a stitch along for our Stitch 'n Bitch group.  Well, I don't have to worry about that since we don't meet in the summer, but I'm wondering how many challenges I can handle along with shop models.  God, I'm not getting any younger and I'm going to bed earlier, and of course there is the IPad situation I'm dealing with....I'm not sure I can handle this.  Well, since I'm suppose to be working on payroll this morning in the office, I best get to it.  Have a great weekend, hopefully with some stitching thrown in and I'll talk to you later.

No comments: