Sunday, July 30, 2017

Heat is gone for a day or two and we are enjoying.sunshine!!!

Well after a hefty rain on Friday and then slight rain on Saturday, Sunday is here with sun out and everything shining brightly.  The ocean is a bit upset, but at least you can sit out there and get sun and there is a delightful breeze.  I've had a few finishes since last we spoke.  One of my favorites is the Brenda Gervais, "Patriotic Poppies" which I did on the a 20 ct Legacy linen over 2 using Weeks Perle Cottons.  Fun stitch and then I gave it dimension by stitching the patriotic swag on the sheep on a separate piece and then attaching it so it stands off.  When I stitched it originally as shown, things just looked so one dimensional so I added that, and then 5 of the flowers are the weeks wool cut and stitched in place (that's done on the original chart as well with directions included) and then I added beads for the sheep's eyes (which you can't see and the 2 patriotic quilted star buttons I used on the bottom,which are also hidden in the picture.)




 The entire pillow is around 16"x 16" so it's perfect for a chair or sofa.  While I was searching thru the racks I found the sheep pulling a pumpkin wagon for fall....I'm certain it's coming to the store this fall.  Another finish, Val's Stuff 3 dimensional bat has been in my tote since Nashville.  So it finally got it out of the tote and it was an easy stitch and an easy finish so he's now flying around the shop.


The chart comes with everything but floss, so your felted balls are in there along with the buttons for the eyes and fangs, perforated paper for the bat wings and the weeks wool for the backing of the bat wings and the cord for hanging.  You can pick either purple or green for the bats and both sayings are in each pack, "Bite Me" or "I'm going Batty",so you can pick the one you like.  Sara is always saying "Bite me" to me, so I felt it was the most appropriate for her.  


The final piece to show this week is Liberty Notes from Shepherd's Bush.  I have always loved Shepherd's Bush and this was a beautiful stitch.  I hate borders normally because they are boring, but the two small borders here were delicate and a delight to stitch.  From beginning to end it was a joy.  And I framed it in the same frame  that I used for Land of Liberty.  I should have had West End Framing cut a new frame just a slight bit taller so I had equal space on the top and bottom, but I just couldn't wait.  Love it!

So of course the best part of finishing is picking new projects.  Well, I decided to go back and finish Clementine by Stacy Nash....after all, Theodore is lonely in the cabinet all by himself.  I should be able to finish her in a couple of days.  When I was stitching Theodore I wished for more color on him because quite frankly I was a little bored using just a few colors....but I couldn't wait for Clementine because her dress is quite colorful.  Well, be careful what you wish for.  Two nights ago I had to redo so many parts I finally gave up for the night.  Then last night realized I was about 9 rows short on the dress so I had to pull out the bottom and redo so while there is more color, one color would have been easier.  But I love her and can't wait to finish her.  And then it's on to Harrison.  I realize I'm skipping Monroe for now, but I'll get back to him.  Harrison is just talking to me at this point.  Stacy has done such a wonder job with this series I intend to stitch them all.  Fun, Fun, Fun.  When I'm done with Clementine, I haven't a clue what I'm going to start next.....probably Halloween since I have the Halloween tote stuffed with projects sitting on the sofa for me to go through.  There are so many possibilities I've got too many to choose from.  I also have unfinished designs sitting here that I would also like to finish.  Decisions, decisions.  Got to get back to Clementine...talk to you again soon.  Have a great stitching week.


No comments: