Wednesday, July 19, 2017

OMG ...What a great time to sit in the a/c and stitch..............


OMG...the heat is turning up and we've had multiple events that have put me back to work full time...UGH...  Brian's out and can barely move due to a sciatic nerve problem.  Thankfully his main management job in the laundry room is being handled by staff that have worked for us for a few years so they know exactly what to do, but he backs Mary up at the front desk and so I worked there yesterday, but I'm a red hot mess there since it's nothing like the years I ran the desk.  The verdict is still out on whether I'm helping or in the way.  Brian's son, C.J., the marine who came home from Japan last September afer serving our country for 4 years, was at a party on Saturday night and was blindsided by a hit to the jaw which put him in PRNC where they decided he needed to go to Washington for surgery.  So on top of everything else we've had that drama.  He is home now recuperating but the family is unnerved at this point.  But I will be helping out in the hotel whenever I'm not in shop.  Judy has family coming down for the weekend so I'm in the shop....and that's an area I'm a lot more familiar with.  Although, I still struggle there since Sara and her crew have moved everything so I have no clue where to look for stuff.  This will cut into my stitching, however, I have 2 finishes...obviously quick ones, to show.   First is "To The Beach" which is a freebie when you purchase any of the "To the Beach" Series from Hands  on Design.  I actually framed this the way I now want all of them framed with a small border in our new Boardwalk Frames.  I did this on 18 ct. linen over 2 because I initially wanted this hanging on the front of the tin bin I was putting all the designs in for display and wanted it bigger than the pieces inside the bin, however when the display idea changed so did the finishing on this.


Land of Liberty is a Shepherd's Bush kit done on 10 ct. and so it is fast and easy, really a one day job.  All supplies were in the kit and the patriotic frame is from West End Frames.  My favorite frame for anything patriotic.   

  

Both pieces were fun to do and fast...two of my favorite things.  In the meantime I brought in Liberty Notes to get framed...and that was also quick and easy but so delicate.  I hate the repetition of borders but the border they used on 2 sides of this were so beautiful I didn't mind at all.  So while this was done on 32 Count I couldn't put it down so it became a 2 day project.  I'll post it as soon as it's framed.  Aside from stitching and annoying the girls my days all seem the same.  Eat, sleep, and stitch.  Thank God for Netflix and Acorn- my companions while I stitch.  Life is good as long as I've got my stitching, ice water with lemon (yes I barely drink diet sodas anymore), and the T.V.  I can ignore anything happening outside which is at times a good thing.  Have a nice weekend and I'll be blogging soon

No comments: