Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Good Golly, Heaven Help me..

I'm telling you I'm lucky not to be in jail for assault right now.  My God, I have no patience left at all...a woman came in and her first mistake was doing the "YouHoo".  I was putting our shipment of Shepherds Bush away, which was daunting because I couldn't stop pulling stuff for myself and the racks are now stuffed with their stuff....Love our Shepherds Bush.  Anyway, I said, "are you looking for something specific" and then I realized she was like a cow with cud...chomping away and smacking her lips at a loud level which I find so distracting I can't function around it.  She was chomping so loudly that I heard her when she walked over to the other store...how is that possible and she also managed to chomp the entire time she spoke with me.  Honestly ladies, this is not a good look...chomping on gum out in public.  It really about drove me crazy, however, it did make me move faster to get her out.  I was determined to find anything she asked for quickly to just get rid of her.  I moved at warp speed believe me.  And she went out as soon as she was done, but left her friend here who is also a doozie but in a whole other way.  I may survive her, not sure, but my need to strangle her isn't as great so I'll stay out of jail for the moment.  I may change my opinion on that since she had me running to show her stuff and then turned around, said, "I can't make up my mind" and walked out.  My little Solomon (age 6) has quizzed me a few times about coming over to my house.  Since I work most nights I was able to delay the visit, however, last night he wanted to know exactly which nights I didn't work.  Not being able to lie to my grandsons I told him I was off Wednesday night so it looks like dinner with the grandsons tomorrow night, I invited 3 year old Izzy and 12 year old Michael to join us...I'm hoping they entertain each other and I can just sit....I'm sure board games will be coming out though and Michael doesn't have a lot of patience with those.  Needless to say my day off isn't going to be as relaxing as it usually is, however, Sara has told me to take Friday as well, so I'll recoup then.  News on the phone issue....the tech finally said, "I think you need a new system"...ours is over 5 years old so it's out of date (really by the time I get done paying for something it's obsolete and I need new)....so before the new equipment arrives they ran a line separately for Salty Yarns so we're back to our old fashioned one line system.  So until the new phone system is in place the girl in the Bikini Shoppe won't be able to communicate with me at all.....whoppee!!!!  Every night about 3 times I had to tell her to hang up and I'd have Sara call her back and then I had to call Sara.  Wouldn't it have been easier if she just called Sara herself and leave me out of the loop?  Nothing is ever simple here.  Anyway, we're back to getting your calls directly so if you need us just call.  We'll be here.  Lizzie Kate Update:  well, I'm still working on it.  I'm at the bottom....and of course felt compelled to make a change.  She satin stitched the grass, which doesn't bother me normally, but I decided to change it to the brick stitch and loved it.  I also only did the specialty stitch using the Bullfrog color not the cadet which I just cross stitched.  Anyway, I was going to plow through the finish tomorrow while lounging at home, but since my grandsons are coming over...I guess I'll clean instead....oh, not the day I thought I'd have, but that's O.K., my grandsons are more important anyway.   And on that note I'm going back to work.

1 comment: