Thursday, April 29, 2010

Are you kidding me?????

It is this time of year where I have no patience for the idiots I have to deal with in the city government. Vernon just came into the office with a red "Stop Work" order sign that the city put on my home today. I said to Vernon what the hell is this for, we didn't put on new stairs or railings." (Obviously I have a short memory) Vernon reminded me that he and John added the new configured steps and put a short wall around the porch to give me more privacy in the summer.....back in January! The job is finished so of course we are complying with the sign since there is no more work to be done, we won't be doing any. Now really people...why would the idiot who took the time to put it there even go there. The steps are completed, the wall around the porch was painted and I've been using it since before the first snow. He just noticed now we didn't get a permit to do it? Why, because he wouldn't come out of his office in the cold of winter. Now that the sun's hitting 70 degrees he finally came out to walk the streets and see what he can complain about. I'm telling you ...idiots...that's what I'm dealing with. Honestly, it's all I can do not to march down to City Hall and give them a piece of my mind. I think I'll postpone that since I had a Bloody Mary for lunch. I hope your day is going better than mine! I called a company to order 70 of something for the spring retreat only to find they had 14 in stock with no more in sight! Crap...back to the drawing board.

No comments: