Friday, July 14, 2023

I am ashamed to say, "I am the epitome of lazy"

I have a room upstairs that I intend to make my stitching room, however, before that happens I've been stashing everything around the downstairs.  The bedroom walk-in closet on the first level has become my go to when I need to stash anything stitching related.  So that is where all the DMC is and that closet is less than 20 steps away from the room I stitch in.  For me it might as well be 100 feet because I never seen to be willing to go there to get thread I need.  Now I keep my overdyed threads in the room I stitch in, stashed on a shelf under the T.V.  That makes those threads about 5 steps away from my stitching chair.  When I started "Nautical Tier" from Erin Elizabeth Designs, I looked through my pile of DMC sitting on the table from a just finished project and not put away, and when I didn't find the called for threads I pulled out the Weeks Dye Works bin and substituted for the DMC.  How lazy is that.  And the time it takes to figure out substitutes, well, if there's one thing I've got now it's plenty of time so obviously it would be less timely if I just got up and got the DMC. Anyway, here is my version of the Nautical Tier and the 2nd picture is the original.  Under the pictures you will find the substitutions I made.  I left off the starfish and sanddollars around the base as I liked focusing on the 3 tier tray.  




 Nautical Tier  - Changes I made

Erin Elizabeth Designs 

Stitched on 30 ct. WDW Blue Jean linen 

Threads used: Weeks Dye Works & DMC 

1st Tier Nat 

Starfish –WDW Cornsilk 

Piling – WDW Grape Vine & DMC White 

Lighthouse – WDW Louisiana Hot Sauce, 

DMC White, Black, 745 

Ships Wheel – WDW Chestnut – DMC 3862 

2nd Tier 

Sailboat – Sails – DMC White & #932 

Pail & Shovel – WDW Navy & Louisiana Hot Sauce 

Anchor – WDW Pelican Gray & WDW Cornsilk 

Life Perserver – DMC White & Louisiana Hot Sauce 

3rd Tier 

House – WDW Navy, & DMC 932 & DMC 310  

 Roof DMC 3862 & WDW Chestnut 

Crab – WDW Louisiana Hot Sauce & WDW Driftwood 

Sandcastle – WDW Driftwood & DMC 3862 

Shovel – WDW Louisiana Hot Sauce 

Seagull – DMC White, Black and WDW Pelican Grey,  

DMC 745 

3 Tier tray – DMC white 


On to the next summer project...although I found another WIP that I might just finish and get it out of the closet. Have a great weekend and I'll be talking to you soon.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh Sally, you are not alone. I love the changes you made. Leaving the starfish, etc. off really does make the tier look great. Makes me want to add one of those tier patterns to my shopping list. Keep the great finishing coming. Always so inspiring.