Monday, July 3, 2023

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone.  It came down to the wire but I was able to get the American Momma strawberry finished and I love it.    


.
While the two smaller berries were stitched on 32 ct. linen, the Momma berry was stitched on 18 ct. Lambswool linen over 2 threads.  All three berries are from Prairie Schooler's American Strawberries.  The large berry was stitched using DMC Perle Cotton and the smaller ones were stitched using DMC floss.  I have one more patriotic piece to finish by tomorrow (hopefully) and then I'll be moving on to summer stitching.  While I patriotic stitching, I'm ready to move on.  And after that one of my favorite 
themes, Autumn stitching.  

As we all celebrate another 4th, I hope you have a safe and fun filled day filled with family and friends and good food.  Perhaps you will even find time to stitch...I know I will.  

Also don't forget to stop in Salty Yarns on the 1st Monday and the 3rd Monday from 1:00 -3:00 for knitting or crocheting (or bring your stitching it really doesn't matter) and the 2nd and 4th Thursday for Stitch 'n Bitch (or bring your knitting we don't care).  Just time for like minded stitchers to get together and see what everyone is working on.  Plus bring your show and tell.  Hope to see you there.


No comments: