Monday, July 6, 2015

A little gift from one of my peeps....


     Had to show you the latest gift I received from Stasi Buhrmann...isn't it too cute for words? This wasn't even a birthday gift (if you remember she gave me the Tools of the Trade Needle Keep and Peep Pincushion for that)...this was just a thinking of you gift.   Pin cushions have become somewhat of an obsession apparently with me, and I didn't even realize it for some time.  But I love them!  Maybe it's because I've been given some really wonderful pin cushions. They are certainly not my mother's pin cushions.   While I have used some of them, many of them are really just for show (I couldn't stand to put a pin in them other than the decorative pins sent with them) and I've got them all over the house at this point.  I love to play with them, arrange them in different spots, remember who gave them to me and the friendship we share.  To me they are like potato chips, you can't have just one.  One thing I love about this pin cushion is how fully stuffed it is.  I'm one of those people who think you can't put too much stuffing in a pillow, fob, or pin cushion.  I like them when they are really stuffed so full they feel heavy.  And the stacking pin cushions are cuter still, don't you think?  I mean they've got a bird on the top, perfection!  Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to Stasi and say "Thank you" for making my Monday just a little bit more special.  Tomorrow I'll iron my Serenity Harbor and show you my progress.  I'm moving on to part 6.  This pin cushion was Stasi's reward to me for getting Part 5 done.  Whoppee!!!!

1 comment:

Stasi said...

Glad you liked the pincushion Sally--enjoy!