Friday, March 21, 2008

Where Stitcher's Gather Must Have

Oh, my dear, the new charts are in from Victoria Sampler and Thea has outdone herself with "Where Stitchers Gather". You know how I am about smalls, but honestly, what I love about this is the theme...and how perfect this is for those of us who belong to stitching groups. This is so perfect for secret santa gifts (a little pricey perhaps, and a few too many pieces, but parts would be good too). Anyway, take a look at it and see what you think...I love it. We sold a couple today as we were ahhhing and oohing over the chart. The thread and charm pack is pricey but it's filled with all kinds of specialty fibers. As it is Easter Week in Ocean City, we've had people here all week with their families, but because the weather has been iffy at best I haven't been open until today and we had more traffic than a Friday usually has and some friends from the city are down, Ruth K. and Barbara C. and we always like to see them and catch up on what they are working on. Nothing is more fun than talking stitching...getting ideas from each other and comparing what we're working on. I think I'll be finished with my first block tonight, Shores of Hawk Run, and will take a break to work on "Heart of America" which I have also one block completed. I'm so addicted to these pieces I woke up at 4:53 a.m. today, thought I could either go back to sleep or work on my needlework...and you know which one I picked, but by 6:30 a.m. I began thinking about working all day with a lack of sleep and decided I'd lay down and take a little nap. I woke up and it was 9:52 a.m. and I had 8 minutes to get dressed, brush my teeth, and get to work. Thank God I only had 2 blocks to go and its and easy commute with little traffic so I arrived...a few minutes late (about 5) but I don't think anyone realized it...at least no one was waiting so I opened up like nothing was wrong. But I spent the rest of the day praying no one would come to me and say, "did you realize you have your shirt on inside out or backwards" (and I've done both believe it or not)..in fact I kept my jacket on all day just in case. I'm not sure if I have underwear on I ran so fast. We did get our Hoffman order so all the charts for tins will be in the mail tomorrow along with the tins themselves...and I thank everyone for their patience. I have misplaced an email and can't find it for the life of me. Someone asked me for information because they were starting a stitching group in Annapolis...if you were the person that e-mailed me, please e-mail me again as I have the information you were seeking...and I apologize for the faux pas. Technology, still a mystery to me at times. Anyway, I'm going to run home to stitch....I'll talk to you tomorrow...have a wonderful Easter filled with chocolates and stitching.

No comments: