Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Here's the cookie receipe

We had our monthly Stitch 'n Bitch session, I mean meeting last night and the ladies were surprised to see that changes were taking place. Sara and I got the fibers moved to their new home and we put up a table where they were for the meeting so it was like meeting in a cave, plus we were using Sara's bar table and a card table in place of the huge table we had over on the fabric side so it was like being in Alice and Wonderland with small tables...but we managed and had a great time. Joyce forgot to bring her enameled Lady bug so I couldn't finish putting her piece together but she was a great sport when I related what I had done with her piece so I appreciated the fact that she didn't get upset (of course I found her piece and finished putting it together so that might have had something to do with it)...and even left the finished pieces here until next time when she'll bring the Ladybug for me to put them in. Anyway, that ended well. Connie brought the most beautiful applique and quilted...quilt, just gorgeous for our advice and you know I didn't hesitate to tell her my opinion, Jennifer brought in a finished pillow she made with the cutest french design on it and the pillow backing was just perfect for it...good job ladies. Hedy C. brought in her finished camel, which is one piece of the JanLynn nativity scene she's stitching. She's now completed the camel, Mary and she took Joseph home with her to start next. By Christmas she's going to have a stitched nativity! Jennifer also was in charge of refreshments last night and we were once again delighted with a couple different types of cookies, brownies, grapes and 2 kinds of cheese cubes....another eating opportunity and we sure did enjoy it. Thanks Jennifer. Now before I forget, I was telling the ladies before Christmas about a cookie I made, Love it a lot, and kept going back to the container for one more until I gave up, brought the container into the living room and ate them until I got sick and then I was able to stop eating them. I made them for the Superbowl party and the ladies said, "We know which cookie you couldn't stop eating" because they also loved the cookie. They asked for the receipe and we kept forgetting to give it to them, so I'm putting it here and I know you will love them! Beacon Hill Cookies
1 Cup Chocolate chips
2 Egg whites
dash of salt
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (I've also used pecans..no difference both great)
Preheat oven to 275 or 300 degrees F. (I believe I used 300)..Melt the chocolate chips and let them cool. Beat the egg whites and the dash of salt until it is foamy. Then gradually add the sugar until it is stiff. Once the mixture is stiff, add the extract and vinegar. Fold in the melted chocolate and walnuts. Place a spoonful of the beaten mixture onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 1/2 hour. Enjoy ladies....and bring me some!

No comments: