Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Suns shining and spring is on the way...

With the sun shining and temperatures rising, spring isn't too far behind so my thoughts and stitching are now fully focused on spring and Easter.  Since I showed you my first Easter finish last week, this week I'm showing my first spring finish.  This is from a series called "Festive Little Fobs" from Heartstring Samplery.   And just as it says in the title there are a variety of small designs for fobs, needlebooks, etc.  When I first opened the first chart, I saw a sampler as Beth didn't separate the designs individually but shows them all together.  I loved how the chart looked so much that's how I've shown them ever since.  I usually finish these as a pincushion done over 1 on 32 ct., and add a scissor fob, with the design I like the most so it matches, and in the end, I have a small set.  Others I finish to hang on a hornbook as I did with the latest, This is "Springtime Edition"

I finished using Lady Dot's mini pom pom trim in a deep green.  But no matter how you do it, this makes a wonderful addition to any spring display you are making.  And now the fun begins again with a totally new project and I have already started a cute bunny for Easter.  UPDATE: last night I was stitching on my bunny and that little voice kept telling me something was wrong, but I ignored it and kept stitching and when I was almost to the halfway point I finally realized that little warning voice may have had a valid point.  So I studied the pictures on the package (in other words I just looked at them) realized the 2 pieces of perforated paper enclosed were two different sizes and I was stitching the wrong bunny for the size I had.  YIKES!  My bunny will never fit on the size I'm working on...the cut is too short.  No way I'll ripping all this out so this mornings project is to graft extra perforated paper on this piece I'm working on.  Have never done it before but since the entire piece is stitched I can't figure out why this won't work.  So I'm going forward and I'll let you know how this works.  I hate when stitching goes wrong, but I sure do have it happen more often that I like.  Hope your day goes forward with no ripping.  At least the sun's out and it's scheduled to be in the high 50's.  Life can be fabulous.  Hope you get a little stitching in today.  Have a great day....

No comments: