Tuesday, October 24, 2017

OMG...something went terribly wrong with my blogger update...

I've been trying to figure this out for almost a week.  I went to post pictures through my Iphone and it tells me I need to update, however, there is no app for the Apple update yet.  For God's sake now I have to wait for that?  It's killing me.  I've grown attached to the sleigh ornaments and have now done 4 for Halloween and I can't show the latest ones yet.  God knows how long this will take.  First of all I'm not savvy enough to understand what the hell the message is even telling me to do, so I brought it down to the kids to interpret and Brian says I have to wait for the app to update.  Crap!  I'll keep trying and I'll get back to you the minute we have victory!  OK it's a small victory, I called Sara and asked her to post it to the blog using her phone which doesn't solve the problem, but at least I can finish the blog.  These are the final two models for the shop and I have to say, the finishing, if using the Sue Hillis method, is so simple I wonder why I didn't try it the first time.  Anyway it does give you a smooth finish.  Got to use my specialty ribbon again, always a plus, but of course now I'm worried I'll run out.  These are just two of the designs out of her Monster Mash leaflet.,   And now stitchers I'm done stitching Halloween for the shop. 



 As for Jamboree, we had a great group here and the teachers all got A's from the stitchers The newest thing for most of the stitchers was the class on stitching with gold threads Deborah-Merrick-Wilson was the teacher and she was so instructive with handling gold thread the students learned a lot and loved the class.  And the sample I saw was magnificent.  If you think gold work is done with just strands of gold thread, you are mistaken.  It might be instructive for everyone to take a class from her I think you will be amazed.  Then Sue Hillis taught the stitchers to finish an easel piece which they had pre-stitched, so everyone went home with a finished easel.  Wonderful class and many of the stitchers found this so easy to do they are going to repeat it with their Christmas gifts.  I think this is what I love about learning to finish a variety of items,  we are able to reproduce what we've been taught and able to use the same method over and over again.   This is the importance of classes.  The final class was taught by Gloria Moore from Milady's Needle.  She taught the students to finish one of her beautiful wooden spools.  The design she created was a Halloween scene and was so adorable and stitched on 40 ct. over 2 which was a challenge for some, but with peepers and magnifiers everyone struggled through it and Candi was at Stitch 'n Bitch on Tuesday and had it completed.  So once you get going it becomes a fast stitch.As I said, the teachers were wonderful, the stitchers were great and we feel we had another successful Jamboree.  Big thanks to both students and teachers.  We are so thankful for you all, bor without you we would not exist. Debbie Liming, Stasi Buhrman and I had made a decision to work on the finishing of Stitcher's Heart together and since Stasi isn't going to be here for C.A. Wells weekend, we decided to do it on Sunday of Jamboree after the stitchers left so I would be available.  So at 3 p.m we gathered in one of the hotel apartments and of course I noted immediately that while I had to papers for the inside of the box, I left the finishing kit for the small pieces at home.  But since I feel I can finish the smalls, I was concerned about the box as decoupage was involved, I didn't stress over what I left at home (especially since I didn't meet the goal of having everything stitched).  .  Now my mother was the queen of decoupage, if anything stood still for more than 5 minutes, she decoupaged it onto something.  So I should be fully versed in it, but of course I felt I remembered but wasn't sure enough on my own.  Debbie had painted her box already so Stasi and I were already behind.  So we painted our boxes and while we let them dry Debbie was sanding hers and we were all looking at the paper to put inside.  Now that was the struggle deciding how to cut those to match and get the most design saved out of it.  I have to say I don't have a whole lot of patience for this kind of thing.  I just want to get it done.  Debbie on the other hand studied it and moved it for about 45 minutes.  Stacy was more, get it done to the best of your ability and move on.  Oh, I forgot Stasi waxed her box and started to hand me the wax, etc., and saw my look which said, "Oh please do mine for me," so she did.  Then when it was time to buff it she felt I hadn't buff quite enough so she took over that job as well.  Then when it came time to cut the paper, Stasi looked at me and saw the writing on the wall so she cut mine for me.  Then she decoupaged it into the box for me.  So if I say I did the box, I'm lying through my teeth.  I brought my box in and let Stasi do all the work.  So Stasi that you so much and I promise if we ever do another project together I'll step up my game,  I was really so tired from jamboree I really was afraid to even try it.  So while my box is lined, painted and ready to go, I still haven't finished the box.  I did stitch the bag which goes in the box, only I stitched it the wrong way on the fabric, so now I have to alter the way it's finished....damn...I hate when I do that.  But now that things are quieting down I should be able to get back to the box.  As I said, the teachers were wonderful, the stitchers were great and we feel we had another successful Jamboree.  We are now gearing up for our final event of the year....our C.A.Wells Memorial weekend which is a stress free get together with the stitchers and then some that signed up for the class CA Wells cancelled (because we weren't worth her time.)  Sara decorates the hotel lobby for Halloween and all the stitchers bring food and goodie bags and we eat, talk and laugh our way through the weekend.  Sometimes we even stitch and finish smalls. But we relive the C.A. Wells story and it's become such a fun weekend we're actually glad she cancelled so we could start this memorial.  Well, I've got to get a couple of things finished before the weekend, so I'm signing off.  Have a great week and hope you get a little stitching in.   

No comments: