Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy Easter Weekend.....


This weekend we start our spring hours....every day we'll be open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., unless unforeseen weather crops up, which rarely happens in the spring so we'll be here with a smile on our face and ready to help you in your needlework journey.  I had a good week and a bad week.  The cough is still here so I'm back on cough medicine and Sara's left over meds.  I was really dragging on Tuesday at Stitch 'n Bitch, but I felt much better yesterday so perhaps this go around I'll get rid of the cough.  I did not let the cough deter me from my stitching though.  As you may remember my goal was to finish the front of the needlebook from "By The Sea" ...Erica Michaels new design,  and while I got the front of it done and shown below, I did not get the inside cover done because a Brenda Gervais kept calling my name and it had to be done before Easter so I had to stop working on "By the Sea" and work on "Tulip Festival" by Brenda Gervais.  If you know the pattern, Madam Hare is surrounded by huge tulips, and while I loved the whole look, I wanted just Madam Hare for Easter.  So I started stitching big time on Wednesday night after spending the day in Salisbury at one of my favorite spots, Hobby Lobby.  Then Thursday I wouldn't move off the sofa until I completed Madam Hare and I'm thrilled to say the stitching is done and now hopefully tonight I'll finish it into a stand up and have it in the shop tomorrow.   Fingers crossed!  The good news is I do have a finish.....



 Peeps Parade is now finished and has been added to our Easter display. I pray tomorrow Madam Peep will be joining the Peep Parade.  I stitched Peeps on 20 Kudzu linen from Weeks Dye Works.  I stitched using Weeks Dye Works and DMC pearl cottons.  So all in all a productive week for me.  Now on to the inside cover of By the Sea. and one of the Animal Crackers from Stacy Nash has fallen into my tote so that means it's come up on the rotation, but I'm going to try to concentrate on getting "By the Sea" completed.  And of course I still have one more piece after the needlebook in that collection.  Just never enough time to get all these projects completed....but I'll sure try.


I did find the Mani di Donna Christmas mini tote that should have been finished for Christmas but I put it away along with Erica Michaels Bee Petite Strawberry, and while I did locate the Mani di Donna, Erica Michaels piece is still MIA.  But since the Mani di Donna is finished hopefully I'll get it put together by next weekend.   Mercy, so much finishing needs to be done at my house...not my strong suit,  but with each project I get a little better.  I even put a zipper in the back of  "Peeps Parade."  I haven't put a zipper in anything since Home Ec in High School.....do they even have that anymore?  My home ec teacher would be proud that I even attempted, I won't tell her that I used the internet to refresh my memory.  The zipper makes a much nicer finish to pillows, and is really easy to put in so I'm glad I'm stepping out of the box.  Anway, have a wonderful holiday weekend.  Stay safe and keep your needle moving stitchers.  We have too many projects in bags to stop now.

No comments: