Sunday, December 13, 2015

12 days and counting....oh no, I'm never going to be ready...I'm still stitching!


Obviously I should have taken a better picture, but I think you can see the beauty in this beautiful santa stitched on 40 ct. by Judy Brunclik and and given to me for Christmas at our Stitch 'n Bitch dinner.  She found the red tart pan to use in her finishing and I was shocked to find out they sell these since I thought Judy had painted it.  .  I've never seen tart pans in colors...but it's a good idea now that stitchers have found a use for the tart pans.    There are so many things to look at in this Santa, a sleigh, stars, trees, holly leaves, oh my, there is a lot packed into this design and I love it.  Incidentally, it's one of JBW's designs.  Thank you Judy for taking time out of a tough month for you to stitch something for me.  It will  always hold a special place in my heart.  When I woke up this morning I decided to pull what was had been a difficult finish for me out of my stitching bag and just get on with it.  I haven't stitched for 2 days (what????) because I just couldn't face this piece.  But this morning I knew I just couldn't ignore it any longer since it was already late.  The most amazing thing happened.  After spending 2 days this past week stitching and then taking it apart twice, I just started the finishing and before I knew it the first part was done.  Now I just have to attach the bottom and in the box and to the post office it goes.  I really don't know what was wrong before.  I was having the most difficult time with this.  And yet, this morning it just worked.  Every once in a while this happens to me.  I struggle to comprehend what I'm suppose to do, or I just can't seem to get things to work out correctly and then after a couple of days of not even looking at it...bam...it just seems to work out with no effort.  So today I'll be back on the stitching train, thank God.  I miss stitching so much when I don't do it.  I also tend to eat more....and we all know that's not a good thing.  Today will be a fabulous day for me as I happily stitch along.    Hope you have a great day as you enjoy  our last sunny and warm day in a while.  It's been so gorgeous down here, yesterday I had people come in wearing flip flops and shorts.  Ahhh, a little bit of Florida weather.  But we all know that this will be ending soon so I'm really enjoying it while it's here.

No comments: