Saturday, March 28, 2015






It's been a busy week, stitching wise.  I finished a few things, the Bunny Ruler, by Niky's Creations which was a two night project for me.  Would have been one night except the fabric had an issue so I had to start again (I had only finished the rabbit and was on the 2nd hill when I noticed a flaw in the fabric which I couldn't correct or stitch over)...and I also did the Nun Stitch around the whole thing, which wasn't part of the instructions, but overall an easy stitch...over 2 on 36 ct. (Since I did replace the fabric I used a piece of the fabric I was working Serentiy Harbor on.  That way I didn't have to get up (always a win win, unless you are my behind.)  And now a new treasure for one of Sara's spring etui's.  The second finish was A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate.  Another easy finish, made into an egg shape which I plan to put on a box, I think.  But she has designed it for you to use it as an ornament...so cute.  Again, just a couple of nights to stitch.  She designed it with the empty basket being held by the rabbit, but I felt it needed something so I put some turkey work in there so it looks like grass.  Other than that, I stitched as per the directions.  But the final picture is Lizzie Kate's Hip Hop kit.  I did make a few changes, I wasn't crazy about the floral button that was included in the kit (all fabric, ribbon, and a floral button are included) so I decided to move the elements together, leave the button off, but of course it's never that easy.  By moving the pitcher of flowers over it made the design shorter so I had to elongate it so I added a mirror image of the flowers on the left to the right.  (in my world everything has to balance.)   But then there was an empty space above the egg so I added a bee button. Whew!  Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this but I want what I want so...sometimes a stitcher just has to do what a stitcher has to do.  I love the end result and that's all that matters isn't it?  At first I wasn't going to put the ribbon on it, but after it was done...well it looked O.K., so I ran with that as well. The finished fabric was included so I didn't even have to go to my fabric stash.  Great little spring pillow after a dreary winter.  I feel more spring like already, even though it's in the low 40's here.    I believe I showed you in one of my previous blogs the beginning of the Serenity Harbor Sampler.  Well, nothing goes easy for me, so as I was putting the Serenity Harbor on the web sight I noted the finished size.  Now, one would think I would have noted this before I started stitching, but I had my Stitchers Half of Lakeside and I came down what I thought was an appropriate distance (but was apparently too far) to start so after noting the size on the web site I went back and measured the fabric and found that I was going to run out of room.  UGH!  So I then cut the fabric to the size I needed and started over.  Between this and Bunny Ruler I was having a really bad week as far as "starts" go.  But I started over and completed January's chart and Monday I'm allowed to start chart 2.  I hope to catch up before chart 4 is released in April.  Unfortunately for me,  I have to work on class pieces, get a couple of small things done for the shop each week and then whatever time I have left in the week I get to work on Serenity Harbor.  As you can see I'm picking really easy, small finishes each week so I can work on this dream of a stitch.  I didn't even read what Donna has on the design directions, until I was finished with part one.  She encourages you to use a variety of stitches to make this design truly your own, but I love it so much just as it, I think I'm just going to use good old cross stitch.  My obsession with this piece continues.  However, I did start Betsy Morgan's "This One's for Betty" and I have to say...it too is a beautiful easy stitch.  With luck I should have my pre-stitched piece done this weekend.  This year we got the complete kit and after begging to get the full kit prior to the class I feel a responsibility to finish all the stitching....so I have quite a bit of stitching to get done...2 different projects (we are also doing Can't See the Forest...complete kits.  I can do it (at least that is what I'm telling myself).  At least Patriot Patty (Sherri's class Piece)  is finished...one down!  Well, I better get to stitching so have a great weekend.  Stay warm...at least it didn't snow down here, but I understand some of you saw snow.  Ouch!! Spring is on the way...


No comments: