Thursday, May 1, 2014

Now it's crunch time for Spring Retreat....

I wanted to show you a couple of finished pieces....first is the Strawberry House pin cushion and scissor fob.  This is part 4 of the Ladies Prim Society and so now I'm 4 for 4 in finishing.  I did get the 5th kit last week and have started it, but it's a slow go because I'm working on 3 big pieces at the same time.  The second picture is the box that was given to me from Jean Toy from the Delaware Sampler Guild.  They were having a retreat at the hotel last weekend and she always brings me such wonderful stitched gifts. I loved "Take Time to Stitch," even if Jean was horrified to see my post of the piece done on the Tote bag a couple of weeks ago.  What she didn't know then is that bag was for Sara and I had ever intention of stitching this piece again....it was such a wonderful stitch.  So now that's a piece that I  can take out of my "todo" bag.  Thanks Jean!  Inside the box she had stitched the cute little biscornu and the needle book you see at the bottom of this blog.  What a lovely gift.  Don't you wish you were me?  I got a miserable cold from the grandchildren and woke up Monday morning feeling just miserable....and had a dentist appointment (oh my  could it get any worse?)  So, $1,000 later I was  back at home and laying on the sofa blowing my nose, and nursing my gums.  But today I'm back in fighting form.  I am at the office trying to get my work done for the retreat this weekend (I don't have much to do but I am responsible for a couple of things).  Sara is out getting groceries and then she's home cooking and Mary is trying to finish getting rooms set up.  Oh, my God....this is opening weekend for the hotel and we are up to our butts in alligators.  Things always have a way of turning out, but I'm concerned about the number of people signed up.  But stitchers are usually good natured and work with us, so I shouldn't be too concerned, but we have no idea what the weather is going to be like, and if everyone is stuck inside....well, let's just say we're going to be very close friends when it's all over.  Fortunately several of our regulars will just go to their apartments in groups and stitch which will help the overcrowding in the lobby, etc.  Well anyway, we'll just see.  In the meantime I'm stitching like a mad woman....started Shepherd's Fold...love it.  Also working on the Ladies Prim Society piece by Blackbird and Moss Creeks Welsh Cottage (don't think I'll ever see this done.)  No small pieces this week....trying to plow through some of the big ones.  I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing.  Saw other's progress on the Shepherd's Fold and like them I don't like Shepherd Bush funky alphabet.  They use to have the prettiest alphabet but for the last 10 or so years have used this funky one and each time I rechart it so this time will be no different.  I also made a slight mistake and have left it and carried on.  I don't think it's too noticeable, but I just was too lazy to rip.  On the Blackbird piece I've decided to stitch just one part per night so that take a while and the Welsh Cottage I intend to get the back wall done this week....I'm pretty close so I know I can do it, and then I'll start the front wall.  I've put the date on it so this has to be finished in 2014.  Got to go....take care and I'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

Jean said...

Sally, you always say such nice things and it's much appreciated. The retreat was terrific and all you gals go out of the way to accommodate us. Looking forward to the next one. Jean