Thursday, June 20, 2013

I almost have it figured out...but not quite....

I tried putting the pictures up by myself and just couldn't quite get there, but I'm convinced that tomorrow I'll be able to do it.  Sara, I know, is praying I figure this out because I don't care if she's on the phone or just sitting this becomes my all consuming thought and she has to stop everything to help me.  The first picture is the view outside the shop window.  I get to see everyone frolicking on the beach, but I'm inside in the a/c, clean, sand free and most of the time I'm happy....and while it's not in the 90's yet, it is promising that 90's are on the way with humidity...ugh!!!  I wish I had gotten the picture of a young lady in her bikini...she did have the decency to put a pair of shorts over it, however she failed miserably in getting her fatness contained.  Now I'm fat myself, so I'm not picking on the fat girl...as one fat girl to another...."girl you need to take a long look in the mirror and rethink your wardrobe.  I've never seen so much fat jiggling and hanging over the waste band....oh, not a good look.  But I have to say, even the young women who have near perfect figures...I still see the bottom of their rears hanging out and the boobs are also hanging out.  When did it become fashion to let it all hang out?  I love Rehoboth or Bethany is trying to get an ordinance passed that the men have to pull up their pants.  When in God's name did it become alright or even comfortable to walk around like that?  And now we have to pass laws against it.  People this is embarrassing...there are more important issues to be brought up...parents have to stress the pants up rule at home.  I insist!!!  I've threatened my grandson .... and forget the sideways cap...that is also something I won't allow.  For God's sake can't people look in a mirror and see what looks right?  Fashion?  I don't think so.  Oh, well, I need to move on.  The second picture is my work in progress (or should I say one of the works in progress) the Shepherd's Bush gratitude sampler.  You can see the pattern darning amongst the wrinkles...(you'd think I could iron it before putting it up, but then you'd be wrong.)  Anyway, I had so much fun doing the pattern darning I'm wondering if I could do an entire piece that way.  But then it would probably get a little boring, so I think I'll just enjoy a few snippets.  I'm working a 10am -10pm shift today, and wouldn't you know that darn UPS driver brought in 2 loads today...4 huge cartons (are there any other kind) of yarns and about 5 more for Sea Trader and then our Alice Peterson has arrived along with scarf kits from Great Adirondack Yarns...so I'm definitely in the weeds here.  I was busy all morning trying to get the 5 cartons of signs priced and put away from yesterday....I fell short and when the slew of cartons arrived I kind of gave up.  But I'm getting my second wind now and will be working at it again in a little while.  What happen to my retirement?  If you find it let me know please!  I have to say though, Sara did let me take a break and I got to go into one of the apartments and lay down for a couple of hours...so it's not all work, work, work.  But I've got to run...my dinner just arrived.  Have a great night and I'll be talking to you.