Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Last Week was another busy stitching week....

First let me just say while last week was iffy, weatherwise, today it is 72 degrees, slight breeze and the sun is shining.  Glorious!!!  People are on the beach and in the ocean (which is ridiculous since it is probably around 40 degrees)....but I'm sure someone got sunburned today....it's simply fabulous.  Now back to business...I finished "Blessed are the mothers"  after deciding to border it as they showed it on the chart (at first I was leaving the border off, but it was just too plain).  I stitched it on a lilac fabric and used just 2 shades of purple and 2 shades of green.  This is one of the pieces I started in 2012 for mother's day and didn't get it finished...imagine how excited I am that this will be framed and on the walls this year...such a sense of accomplishment.  To add to my delight,  I also finished the June Wordplay also started last year.  I'm telling you it feels better than starting and finishing a new piece.  But of course, to celebrate I also stitched Liberty (Lizzie Kate) which is from 2012 and I loved it, but just never started it.  I didn't even take it home so it wasn't even in my stash.  But it's been calling my name since last year so I awarded myself the prize, plus we already had the frame in stock so I was able to stitch it and finish it immediately...whoppee!!!  I also finished every piece of the Jeannette Douglas Isle of Hope accessories, but have I finished the suitcase...NO!!!  But darn it I swear I'm going to start the process next week.  Start and finish!  But since that is already stitched I went ahead and did my "Come Down to the Sea" pin cushion as a gift...stitched but not assembled...so I need to get it put together...not as tramatic for me.  And last night I started "Needleworker" which is the Nashville release from Little House Needleworks and comes with Crescent Colours floss.  Sara pulled a fabric which is perfect (but not the one they used) and I'm about half done and I love the look of it.  Fabulous.  I was tempted to stitch over one, but in the end did it over 2 threads (mainly because I love the frame they put it in and want to frame it the same way).  But it would be so cute done over one.  Tonight is Stitch 'n Bitch so I arrived early to help set up for it.  (O.K., I actually came early to play Hearts on the computer since all my computers are here...I took my home lap top to work so I wouldn't waste so much time playing Hearts...which might explain the increase in stitch time and finished projects I now have).  Anyway, my arm hurts from playing so I decided to get my update on the blog done.  I was working on it on Sunday but the pictures didn't come through so I never sent it.  I was blogging while a customer was here and she aggravated me to the extent I had to blog about it, but somehow by Tuesday it just doesn't matter anymore, so I'll just wait until the next person aggravates the hell out of me to rant.  Sara had to go to the christening of her first grandchild Sunday.  No Michael didn't get married at the age  of 12 and procreate, but Vernon's daughter got married last year and had her first child a month ago.  He's a bruiser and cute as he can be.  Now, please note, that while I don't mind when my grandchildren get married and have children,  being a great grandmother, but when someone said "oh, you are a great grandmother", I had to correct them.  I really don't even know Vernon's children...they have been down here, but they don't come to see me and rarely speak to me if they do pass by me, so I don't feel any ownership in their children.  When I first told Sara she was a grandmother (she hadn't realized the birth of Vernon's grandchild affected her) she said "no mom, that's Vernon's daughter not mine."  Apparently in Sara's world you can marry someone and still not claim his relatives.  But she's on board now...looking at baby clothes and showing pictures (of the child wearing the clothes).  I did have to say good-bye to C.J., Mary's step son today.  He's been home on leave for about 10 days and today he left for his next assignment...JAPAN.  We've all encouraged him to find a nice girl and get married so we have an excuse to go see them in Japan...he just doesn't seem to be on board with that though, so it looks like we'll have to come up with another excuse to go.  Frankly afte hearing how long it takes...I think everyone else can go and just leave me on my sofa...drinking soda and stitching.  My favorite place.  Well I better get some work done before Sara finds me sitting so I'll sign off.  Have a great week and I'll talk to you this weekend.



2 comments:

Atlas Equipments said...

Simply wanna say that this is very useful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

- Concrete Plants | Road Sweeper | Concrete Mixer

Gujarat Carz said...

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

- cab services | cab booking | book a cab