Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Knit 'n Bitch begins.....

That's right ladies, we are starting a new group which will meet the 2nd Monday of the month during the day. We had a lady come into the shop for help with a child's sweater before Christmas. She said she wished we had a monthly group that she could attend for fellowship and for knitting tips as she was a novice knitter. Since Pat and I had discussed doing this once the summer was over (and of course it never went anywhere since I couldn't come to a decision). But after a few inquiries and then a customer needing help coming in without Pat (one of our better knitters) being here I decided knitters may need help and someone besides myself who could help them. So it was decided that Monday, January 10th will be our first meeting. Since I'm so late (what's new) getting this information out, it just may be Sara, and myself, please mark your calenders for the rest of the winter....2nd Monday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Hopefully Pat will be there for help and suggestions...I tend to just want to take over and do it for you, so I'm not sure how much help I am. But Pat has the patience and has proven to be wonderful with instructions and figuring out the problems. FYI....the is another post coming today or tomorrow (as soon as I figure out how I posted pictures last time) so stay tuned. This is a new year and an older but more determined Sally to keep up with things, well at least the blog. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hey Sally,

Don't be surprised if I show up to one of these "knit 'n bitch" sessions. I don't think I can wait until May and the DVHSG retreat to get together for some major frivolity!

I've been a very busy stitcher these days and I've set up my own blog -- check it out http://www.heartseaseexamplarworkes.blogspot.com
Let me know what you think.

Theresa (the crazy broad with the big texas hair)