Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's been a while...but life hasn't changed too much!

Yes, folks, I'm still the same idiot I was 3 months ago. My two daughter, Mary & Sara, and I decided to take a trip to the Christiana Mall in Delaware to do a little Christmas shopping. I should have known better as Renee told me what a fabulous mall this was. So we arrive to find that major parts of the mall are being renovated and therefore only part of the mall was shopable. But not one to be discouraged I said, "O.K., the good news is that next year at this time the Cheesecake Factory will be open here, now lets see what else is here today." So we managed to find some stores that filled our shopping needs and then I took a bathroom break. (this is when things start to go south). When I went into the section where the restrooms are, the doors were open to the restrooms, so without thinking, isn't that new for me, I walked into the first door without even looking. (I think you can see where this is going) Now my first clue should have been when I saw a urinal. But no, I'm thinking..."isn't that odd that they'd put a urinal in the women's bathroom, but on the other hand, isn't that nice that they put it here for little boys that couldn't go to the men's room because they are so young. I get in the stall, hang my purse on the hook provided, and proceed to do the job I was there to do. I heard someone come in go to the sinks and I could see out the crack in the door and it was a man. I thought "what the hell is he doing in a ladies bathroom and how embarrassed is he going to be when he realizes it." Then the door opens again and another set of footsteps heading to the urinal. I'm wondering what kind of woman uses a urinal when it finally dawns on me. (I think the doctor needs to prescribe something for idiot). Now I'm in a panic on how to get out of the men's room without being noticed. So the urinal man leaves and now I'm waiting for the man who's taking his time washing his hands. He must have been a doctor in a previous life because he washed those damn hands for at least 5 minutes as I sat there stewing. He finally stops and no one else came in so I grabbed my purse to make a run for it and ran into the hand washer who is now planted in the middle of the doorway stopped watching people. I decided I just had to leave so I said, excuse me to the gentlemen and just kept walking. I'm hoping he thinks he was in the ladies room. There's been a end to our "crack whore" drama. Vernon and Sara went to court on the 11th for the jury trial. According to their attorney, they were sure it was going to be thrown out of court as they didn't think she would show up. (haven't we been here before?)...and as it turned out...she didn't. There was a rumor that the DA didn't bother to notify her of a date...which begs the question, if you weren't going to go forward with this case why didn't you just cancel it altogether. What was the point of Sara and Vernon having to drive to Snow Hill, pay the attorney just to be told it was over. Honestly, it's no damn wonder the court system is such a screwed up mess.

No comments: