Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lights went out and I went home!!!!

Around 2:00 p.m. the electric went out on our block and I made the decision to take an "electric out" day...well 2 hours at least. It's always a good feeling when you get some unexpected time off...so I was rejoicing even though I knew it meant there would be no electricity at home. But 15 minutes after arriving home the lights went on so now it's a win win for me. I decided to work from home due to a nagging guilty feeling I got (crap), so am I getting a few hours off or not? No, I'm not, but that's O.K., because I'm in my new needlework/office room and I'm drawing in inspiration. Now, in all the clean up that has taken place here in the last 24-36 hours, I came across the 3 parts of another finished project (probably for at least 4 maybe 5 years). I finished the stitching part and then couldn't remember where the pillow or buttons were. Then I found the buttons, but still no pillow (why weren't they together?) Now I've found all three and heres the result. It's a Trail Creek kit and I just thought it was cute. It's a fast stitch too (always a win win), and now it's complete and finally making it way into the shop. Isn't it cute? I loved it then and I still do. Also finished is the Shepherd's Bush Kit, "Land that I Love." This is a great kit because they give you the stitching instructions to do flags for Canada, Great Britain, Australia and France. I'm sure I'm going to have it framed with the Jill Rensell matting so when it's framed it will look like this...
This was a fast stitch because you are stitching over 2 on 18 count fabric and there are no specialty stitches, etc. They had 3 JABCO buttons to attach, however, the one lamb was all I put on it as the other buttons, in my opinion, were just not necessary. Of course having 2 pieces finished led me to wonder what to pull out next. I'm still working on my Little House "She Sells Seashells" piece...love it...but I get bored so easily I need to always have something else ready to go when the mood strikes. Well, I just picked a project to put in the "next up spot" and I'm disgusted with myself. I needed 3 colors of Gentle Arts threads and when I checked my colors in my newly organized box I found I had 5 full skeins and 4 half skeins...apparently I didn't feel like looking in this box to pull threads in the past and felt it was easier to just keep pulling skeins from the shop. It's no darn wonder the box is full to overflowing. My God, 9 skeins sitting in there, when there should be only 1 or 2 tops. And that was the same with the other 2 colors. O.K., new resolution....I will always check my stash before pulling any colors (except in an emergency situation which covers anytime I'm in the shop and want to start on something or if I left a color home. Only then do I get to purchase (O.K., I don't actually purchase it I just take it, but you know what I mean.) O.K. I think I've got a policy I can live with. I just hope when I get in the shop today I hold with the new policy. Yippee!!! after two days of overcast and rain, the sun is out and it's a beautiful Friday in Ocean City. I am truly excited and the temps are slowly rising. 7 days and we have our first Jane Timmer class...another Whoppee!!! And I've spoke to Jackie du Plessis and she and I are coming up with a finishing class for her as well. I'm excited. In the meantime, I have to get to work. So have a great day...and stop by if you are in the area. Also, keep those needles moving, so many projects so little time.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

This is GREAT! I am so glad that I stumbled into your blog.

Back in the days when we spent Spring Break in OCMD with our student golfers, I would visit you every year. Haven't been there in 5-6 years since DH and I both gave up coaching. I've missed it!

DH has suggested that we should take a weekend soon and go to OCMD. I happily agreed as it would mean a trip back. So, hopefully, I'll be seeing you soon.

Now that I've found this, I'm looking forward to keeping up with it.