Friday, April 18, 2008

Finally......pictures are here...



O.K., I'm an old dog and I'm struggling with the new tricks regarding the internet, but after 3 days of trying...here it is...the first pictures of my newly completed, "Mermaids of the Sea" needlework case. I couldn't be prouder, not only that I finally got the pictures on the web site, but also did the finishing from start to finish by myself. The directions which come with the chart are wonderful and do make the job so much easier... the mermaids are on the front, the ship and the lighthouse are on the back and of course the other picture shows the inside of the needlecase. As I said several times while stitching this one, I did change colors on just about everything (mainly because I didn't have the colors in stock at the time that the chart called for, however, I loved the colors I picked). I changed the flag color on the back to red and I think it really made the flags pop. With the open picture you can see the seahorse cut out from Weeks Dye Works wool, and there is a pocket on the inside where you see the mermaids and the inside of the pocket also has stitching on it. This is also where I have put the 2 bone fish thread winders that come with the chart.. A wonder piece...kudos to Ellen Chester the designer. Last night I went home and worked again on the Turtles piece and found in the end I am one stitch off...can't figure out how, trying to figure out if it's going to make a difference (and I did love stitching on this)...tonight I'll decided if I have to take out stitches or just leave them...you know what I'm voting for. And then I still have to get going on the Heart of America...oh, my never enough time is there? Did you watch Survivor last night? That was one of the best yet. As you know I haven't really being feeling Survivor since they voted off Yeoman, but to see Ozzie get his due, well that made watching it worthwhile. I can't stand to see someone who thinks they are untouchable and like everyone else I just wait to see them fall. Good Time...Good Times. Weather Report: Paradise is back...it's in the high 60's, suns out, beach is pristine, the ocean is blue and twinkling in the sun...people are on the boardwalk, yes...it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. In two weeks from today...that's 14 days, the retreat will have started and we can't wait. Of course we're working like demons trying to get the hotel straightened out, and pulled together, but we'll get it done. We're going into overdrive as we speak. I'm going to post this now as I've lost it once already and I don't want to have to redo it. So enjoy your weekend and get some stitching in.

No comments: