This is the top of the metal box that came with the chart....linen and fibers from my stash. The design is approx. 1 7/8" square when stitched over one on 28 ct.. linen. The tin box is approx 3" tall and 2" wide and it's so cute when finished. I didn't have the recommended 1/8" rick rack so I used Lady Dot's 1/4" rick rack and it worked out O.K., but I would have liked the 1/8" better. Brenda cut her rick rack into 4 pieces so there would be no excess to deal with on the corners and I found out it is was easier to glue it this way so I'm glad I followed her directions. It was fun, easy and 28 ct is easy to do over one so a nice break from my challenge piece. With this a limited edition kit, I almost didn't model it, but Sara said there were more in the shop and I wanted to do a fun stitch and so glad I picked it. The only thing you get in the box is the tin box and the chart. You have to supply the 28 ct. linen, they recommend lugana 28 ct., but I used 28 ct. ant. white. Oh yes, of course I ran into color problems with the white flowers at the top as well as inside the design, which I changed to Wood Rose because the Magnolia Blossom didn't show up and then I switched out the centers for oilcloth as it went better with Woodrose than the Ye Old Gold. Other than that I stayed true to what Brenda recommended. And let me stress that I only changed the colors because I didn't have mushroom lugana at the house. I love her patterns which is why I do so many, however, I'm not able to use her colors because I've used different counts fabric or difference colors of linen. Well I'm off to finish my Just Nan piece and hopefully the Quaker Sewing Tray by Brenda. Wish me Luck! Have a great stitching weekend.
26 minutes ago