Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Won't be much longer....

My first UFO leaping toward completion in 2010, is more than 1/2 done and I couldn't be more thrilled. I was blog hopping last night and was so inspired by all the stitching going on. The finished pieces I saw were inspiring, of course my problem is I already have too many UFO's to begin a new piece at home and it's killing me. But with "The Stitcher's Treasure Box" more than 1/2 done, I can at least start looking forward to another project. There are so many things I want to stitch and they are all waiting for me in my stitching room....taunting me every time I walk through the sewing room door. I've been working to get the "piles" put away in the room and keep running across more projects that are calling my name. I simply cannot wait to get another project underway. I might just have to tackle a small project just to have that instant gratification when a project gets finished quickly. Anyway, I'm stitching up a storm, and my goal is to have my Treasure Box done in 1 week. Since Sara abandoned me for a couple of days, I decided Mary and I deserved a break from work and we went to lunch. This is the view we had...which many of you will recognize since it is from our "go-to" restaurant (Sunset Grille) and one we recommend to everyone. Had a great lunch and then it was back to work. Since at 61 I've got the attention span of a gnat (not true of all 61 year old people...just me) and kept distracting myself by constantly checking to see if Hoffman had put up their new weekly list. I did this for about 1/2 hour, checking every few minutes and cursing up a storm until I realized it was Thursday, not Friday which is when they put the list out. To pacify myself, I started looking at stitching blogs. After 1/2 hour of that I decided to get home and start stitching, but I made a run to the post office and passed this garden and just had to show it to you. I don't know who rents this unit, but I have to ask, "Do they really believe it looks like spring?" To each their own, but oh, my. I wish I had taken the picture of the little garden at Christmas as they had poinsettias out. I'm not sure you can really see it, but their porch is loaded with baskets loaded with more flowers. Well, I should be embarrassed to mention any of this as I kill every plant who ever had the misfortune to end up in my house. I refuse to take them anymore. Since Sara is no better, we take all the greens from the hotel and put them in an apartment and one of the men working here waters and tends them until Spring when we move them back outdoors. Perhaps I should just go to Michaels and forget the live plants. As you can see from the photos, our weather was gorgeous today, in the low 50's and sunny and bright. Could spring be far away? Oh, My God, I've got Paula Dean on the T.V. while I'm typing and she's eating a banana crepe...oh, my God...I think I have to eat something. Before I forget, got a letter from Weeks Dye Works and they have gone Green and now they are going Colorfast. That's right, they have recently implements a new dyeing process so that their fibers will be colorfast based on industry standards. But there will be a transitional period so check the tags on the fibers first because the new tags will say Colorfast. If you don't see Colorfast on the tag, that means the new fibers aren't in that store yet. We are busy counting down the days now...first there is our Superbowl Sale weekend which brings 2 groups down for retreats and we are really looking forward to seeing some of our old friends again. Makes such a wonderful weekend for us. Then around February 16th we're off to Nashville market which is such a good time. Exhausting, but exciting...we get to see all our designer friends and all the new goodies. Then when we arrive back home our Mary checks into the hospital to have her second child by C-Section. So February is going to be a busy time for us. I'm a wreck at this point because I've been appointed to arrive at Mary's at 4:30 a.m. so she can get to the hospital by 5:30a.m. which is when her doctor informed her she had to be there. Now does that make sense to you, because it sure doesn't to me. But who the hell am I to question the doctor...well actually I'm the one waking up and goint up a floor to Mary's apartment and then I'm the one that will have to deal with Solomon who is definitely going to be a screaming manic when he realizes neither his father nor his mother is home. I so don't look forward to that. Sara was going to keep him overnight because he loves Michael so much, but Mary doesn't think that will work so it was back to me. I'd rather go in and give birth (at least I think it may be less painful than dealing with a screaming 2 1/2 year old, not sure I'll let you know.) Got to run...have a great night.

1 comment:

Carol B. said...

Sally -

I was so inspired by your Stitching Treasures piece that I just had to pull mine out this weekend. I had only started on the border before it got put to the side but this weekend while we got that "dusting" that turned in to 4" here in Baltimore, I was able to make great progress on getting all those little blocks counted out and stitched. I am looking forward to seeing your finished piece!

Carol B.