Sunday, June 15, 2008

Goodbye to an old friend....

Mr. Roy passed away this morning at 10:30 a.m. with his family around him. Many of you met Mr. Roy when you stayed at the hotel, as he was the older gentlemen who was usually in the laundry room working or out cleaning up the property with his trusty shovel and broom, or sitting in his chair in the laundry room watching the parking lot. He was diagnosed on March 4th with terminal cancer and it's been a wild ride since that date. We'll miss him terribly and will remember him as a member of our hotel family forever. Our thoughts and prayer go out to Pat, Cathy and Roy, Jr., as they travel this road without him. I'm really too blue today to give you updates on Vernon and Sara's trauma's with the animal house next door, so I'll wait for that until tomorrow and just let this day be for Roy. I asked him a couple of weeks ago to dig a hole and pull me through when it's my time, I hope he remembers to do that because otherwise I'm not too sure what direction I may go. Have a great Father's Day to all the husbands and fathers and to all the women who had to go buy the presents and make the meals...well, what can I say but hold on....it will be over soon, and thank God it's only 1 day!

No comments: