Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2 & 3 in Franklin and we're pooped!

We're busy getting settled in and figuring out what we want to do. We're torn between stitching and exploring. I stitched while Sara exercised (know that surprises you) and now I'm just waiting for her to get done with her shower. I took mine earlier after which I found I missed packing deodorant...ummm 5 days without deodorant...this could get dicey. If I just wouldn't sweat perhaps I'd make it, however, this hotel is so hot I've got the a/c on in my room. Mercy it's like a hot house in here...I can't figure out what the deal is. The worse part, when I went into the bedroom to turn down the heat I found the unit wasn't even on...hence my need for a/c. While we miss Nashville and our Cheesecake Factory, I have to say that this Embassy Suites is certainly a step up from the Nashville Embassy. And the most important issue for us....the restaurant is much better here. We finally both were dressed and decided to go out exploring the downtown Historic district in Franklin. Their main street is lined with specialty shops and we parked and walked the street. Yes, I walked. After 4 hours of this, it was time to move the car or risk getting a ticket...so we were off and back to the hotel for dinner and then a stitch 'n bitch in my room. Friday was spent in the room all day having a stitch 'n bitch. Sara finished her Catherine Jordan box...yeah!!!!! I finished ...well, almost finished my 2nd Little House Homeworks ornament, Fa La La. I said almost because I made some changes since I didn't use the fabric they suggested and as it turned out my fabric was a little too light so the snow didn't show up as well as I'd hoped. Again I stitched it over one and loved doing it...but if I may make a suggestion, use the color suggested or use a 32 ct or 28 ct like sand....I used light sand and it's just too light. And tonight, after running through the rooms today to pick up the cash & carry, I get to pick a new project....3rd one on the trip...that's a big yeah for me! We picked up our badges today and the show book which shows that one of my favorite companies showed up for only the 2nd time since we've been coming to the show....Shepherd's Bush. The last time they came the line was so long to get into their room that we decided to shop the rest of the rooms and keep checking back to see what the line looked like. By the time the line was down, Shepherd's bush was out of cash and carry. We've decided that again, we would not do the line but would go directly to the vendors who have a limited amount of something and pick it up first. You know that's killing me since I love Shepherd's Bush so much, but I'll be sure to order the items anyway and since they don't do limited Nashville items, I'll be able to order all their new items, but it would have been "sweet" to walk in their room and pick it up. Oh well, life is always about choices and the difficulty in making them. Well, it's almost 7:00 a.m. and I've got to get ready to run. Have a great day and I'll talk to you after we're done for the day.

No comments: