Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oh.no not again....

I guess we're all saying that today as we see another storm about to hit us.  Today it's sunny, glorious, with a temp that is moderate....I came to work in a shirt...didn't need a coat....just lovely.  It's just so hard to believe that this time tomorrow we will be in the middle of a mess.  I thought we might escape the gloom and doom, but noooo, we're due for a few inches.  I know those of you who are looking at a foot are just shaking your head at our 5 inches, however, consider we don't have snow removal equipment because our history is ....we don't get snow.  Anyway, I went grocery shopping yesterday (first time since Superbowl) so now I'm stocked up and ready.  So bring it on, snowman, just bring it on....and then leave town and don't come back until 2015.  I'm anticipating plenty of stitch time this week....can't wait.  I've got bags loaded with projects sitting beside my sofa but I swore to myself I wouldn't put anything else on the shelves of my stitching room so I'm loading down bags and leaving it in my living room (does this defeat the purpose?)  I've dedicated the next few days to my Sherri Jones Tulip Tray in hopes that I can really get a lot of it stitched so I can get  another finish done this week...I like to see at least one finish per week, and I know it won't be the Sherri Jones,asI have to get a bit done on it before I'll allow myself to work on anything else.  Linda Wimbrow and Candy came in today...Sunday is the joint project day for us...at least Linda and I.  While Linda did work on her piece, between updates on weather forecast every 10 minutes, I started to do the Moss Creek  Knot...had to pull it out and said, "I have to work on this at home...." and put the whole thing back in the project bag.  That Moss Creek knot is one of the most difficult knots for me, and yet, I have to say I think it is the most uniform knot ever.....but I can never seem to remember how to do it without the paper sitting in front of me.  And of all days, I  brought nothing else to work on....so....I just pulled something new from stock and started working on one of the Limited Edition Lizzie Kate kits.  I know I can finish that and get it put together during the snowstorm so that will be my finish this week.  Candy got 2 Shepherd's Bush little kits done since she was here a week ago...good job!  Sara is just hoping no one asks her do to anything as she had her exercise Boot Camp yesterday morning and can barely bend over.  Add that pain to the head ache she must have from last night's newly wed game she participated in at a local bar...where it seems you have to be drunk to participate.  Glad I wasn't there to witness it....however, our Stacy Stinson was living it up there was well.  Think how much stitching you girls could have gotten done....probably wouldn't have had as much fun though.  Anyway, I've got to get some work done...less than an hour to go before I'm homeward bound...so I'll sign off...have a great night of stitching and stay warm.  Good luck to us all for the next 24 hours.  Hope you don't suffer another blizzard.

No comments: