Monday, March 31, 2014

At last, we're snow free for the week.....




With no snow in the future I see spring is on the way and we're thrilled.  Our thoughts and displays have turned to Welcoming Spring.  Which, of course, brings about our thoughts on the Spring Retreat.  Sara has informed me that she and Mary have had to cut off any more registrations to the retreat as we are overloaded (at least they can't blame me)....so anyone wishing to come now will have to go on the waiting list.  We are thrilled to have such a wonderful response, as usual, to this retreat and know that it has a lot to do with location.  There's nothing better than sitting in the front porch rockers, stitching while watching and listening to the ocean roll in.  While I've been typing the fog has lifted a little so I now can see the waves rolling and I've been able to hear it all along.  Sounds of home for me.  Anyway, goodie bags have been ordered and we're on the search for what to put in the goodie bag...that's where I come in.  I love doing the goodie bag.  Sara also heard back from Jackie DuPlessis so we have a date and the project for her class which will be in September.  I'll get that info on the web shortly...I'm having an issue (so what's new) and I have the web designer working on it now.  Candi and Linda came by on Sunday to work on the Welsh Cottage.  Linda has almost finished her roof and I'm halfway done with the cottage back wall (my roof is done) so things are progressing.  It's slow though...over one..ugh!  It's so beautiful when it's done, but it limits the amount of hours I can work on it as I get too tired.  I have to switch to an over 2 so I can speed things  up.  I have several new projects in my tote going home.  SamSarah's carrots have been calling my name since Nashville and we just got the wools in that are called for so hopefully all will go well in putting them together and I'll have my carrot stixs done by this time next week.  I go home with more to do's than I bring back each week...there is something wrong with my system.  So much stitching...so little time.  But my goal this week is to finish my Mermaid class piece (just a little to do), The BeeKeeper, from Plum Street Samplers should be done and then to the framer, Carrot Stixs, and the Priscilla's Hornbook Kit, we picked up in Nashville....should be done.  Don't hold me to any of this....but that's my goal.   And this week I'm starting my needlepoint canvaswork easter eggs....and at least one of them should be done this week.  Oh, My...I better go home and start stitching.  Have a great week ahead...I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Oh, I forgot to tell you Ladonna Snellbaker, the designer for Blank Branch Needlework was in today with a couple of  her friends , Barbara  Reifsnider and Stacy Diokno.  They were so much fun to talk with and they are considering attending one of our retreats...how exciting.   This is two weeks in a row we've had a needlework celebrity sighting...so exciting.  It's always great to speak with the designers, see what they are stitching, etc, as well as see what they are purchasing to use.  Sometimes I even get pointers on some fibers I can't figure out when someone buys it I just ask them how they are using it.  There is no shame in my game!  Anyway, I've got to run....have a great day and I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Debbie B said...

I just picked up a Black Branch design. Jean and I always go to the Woodlawn Needlework show and stop in at the In Stitches shop. I always like to buy something there that's historical or maybe that I can only get there. This year I got Black Branch's Our Founding Father George Washington's Mt. Vernon.