Monday, April 27, 2009

And I even showered for this.....

I had to go to our bank today, dragging along Sara, as I needed money for the now famous freight elevator. Sara got gussied up in her best outfit, put on make-up, and I myself, well I managed a shower but decided the sight of me with make-up dripping down my face in this 85 degree heat wasn't going to be pretty. I armed myself with the necessary documents, bitching the entire way since I was having to go to a branch with people I had never dealt with, and frankly that's just wrong. I'm used to my branch and my people at my branch, and frankly they are use to my strange behavior (they never see me..they just deal with Sara). So I'm bitching the entire time, much to Sara's embarrassment...if I heard, "Mom, be quiet they can hear you"once I heard it 20 times. Finally the woman we were meeting strolled out of her office, and my God, she was in the tackiest white, yes white before Memorial weekend...that's just wrong...and the tackiest blouse...well it was just too distracting I couldn't concentrate. So I handed over the documents and waited only to have her say, "now, I see you asked for $50,000" to which I replied, "no, but I wouldn't be opposed to it." So then she says, "well, why don't we ask for as much as we can get and if you don't need it you don't have to use it and it won't cost you anything." I looked at Sara like, "what the hell is she talking about," but answered, "Sure whatever." And that folks was the end of the meeting...and I showered for this. We were back in the shop before it opened, O.K. we were about 5 minutes late but that was because I asked Sara to pick something up at my house and remembered after we got inside I had it in my tote in the car (I think I'm getting senile more so every day.) So off we went to work and I went into the shop before I remembered my sewing tote was still in the car. But isn't that why we have children...I just looked at Mary and pitifully said, "Oh Crap..I left my sewing in the car." She was so thrilled to be leaving she offered to get it for me....yes, this is why we have children..to wait on us in our old age. I tried to work in the office, but it must be 100 friggin degrees in there, so I came into the air-conditioned shop (wasn't it just 5 days ago we had heat on in here?) I should have stayed in the office and put up with the heat because they must have let the bus from the crazy house off in front because we dealt with several of them. But the one that angered me the most had to be the stocking lady. First she grabbed 2 Just Nan leaflets and yammered on about doing them as one piece but they were different sizes and so I took them from her and explained nicely exactly how that could be done without looking like they came from 2 different books. I thought I was done and went to sit down (after all I had been on my feet for about 2 minutes). Next thing I knew she had put those leaflets back (and I'm sure not on the correct rack) and now she had Shepherd's Bush stockings in her hand. I'm O.K. with this so far, and I was alright with the discussion of her not wanting to purchase the charms which we have attached to the stockings (we are more than willing to take the charms off and just sell the patterns). However, I became astonished when she pointed out that she liked part of the one leaflet but wanted the trains off the second leaflet and then, here it comes..."would I mind copying the trains for her so she didn't have to purchase them and the $4.00 book." It took me a couple of minutes to shut my mouth which was just hanging open in disbelief, before I said, "No I will not...that's copyright infringement and that's illegal." And she said, "Oh, so you can't do that." What part of copyright infringement do you not understand? Honestly people....how do people think these designers make a living .... it certainly can't happen if we are just copying charts for people. Needless to say I was done right there. During this Sara got my order for lunch and I said to her, "You better bring me a cookie or something because I'm going to need some form of satisfaction when this woman is gone." By the way, I got a cookie, one cookie..one...I didn't even know you could buy one cookie..one..people..has she not seen me...One cookie doesn't fill a cavity, but I ate it and was grateful for it. But one cookie...I think it should be passed into law that there can be no less than 3 cookies sold at a time...let's all contact our congressmen...folks because this is an injustice if eveer there was one. We can call it "The Cookie Legislation" and I'll be happy to have my name attached to it..."Sally's Cookie Legislation." Now that's a law that I can get my name behind....unlike some of the stupid crap the governement has passed. Well let's not go there or I could be here all day bitching about it. The weather is way too hot for me, although I'm sure in the freezing temperatures of winter I swore I'd never complain when it got hot...O.K., so this isn't a complaint, it's an observation. It was hot, hot, hot and I'm way too fat, fat, fat for these temps so the 60 that's it's going to sounds fine to me. They are still talking thunderstorm possibilities for the weekend, however that's bound to change somewhat before the weekend (would you love to be paid to be a weatherman...never matters if you are right or wrong you still get paid?) so let's all keep our fingers crossed for that, because in 2 days, yes, it's finally down to 2 days our first stitchers arrive and we are ready, waiting and excited. Of course the real work starts for us...Sara is already preparing her checklist on the reception and I'm already working on the lasagna...O.K., I'll be working all day Tuesday on it, but it's in my thoughts now. Oh, my...I'd better go shopping or I won't have my part done. So I'll end here with if you are coming to Ocean City, pack shorts and pants, sweatshirts and t-shirts because we just aren't sure of the weather and remember your umbrellas. And whatever else happens, please drive carefully as we want everyone to arrive safely. For those who aren't coming...I'll keep you posted on who is naughty and who behaves themselves. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Sally- I am catching up on your blog and just have to tell you how much fun it is to read!