Friday, April 10, 2009

Have a Happy Hopping Easter....

Easter is here and you know what that means to us....we are now open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Connie reported for work today and Renee and Pat are not far behind. And when they are due in that means we clean 24/7 trying to get the place ready for summer. Frankly I'm exhausted from doing all the crap I was suppose to be doing all winter and instead of doing the work Sara and I just piled, and piled, and piled. But today we un-piled and starting getting stuff put where it was suppose to go. Sara is now downstairs working The Shell Shop and the Bikini Shoppe so I don't get to work with her anymore...that makes me sad...I love working with Sara most of the time and trust me working together in the hotel is not the same as when we are playing in Salty Yarns. But I'll manage somehow. We got 20 cartons in Sea Trader which they piled in front of the counter and what did I do....I stared at them and then ignored them...I know Pat will be here Sunday and I want to surprise her....I know she'll be thrilled to see so much work on her first day back. Well I was so inspired by Jane Timmer's class (even though I only sat in on 1 night) that I decided to get the Little House Needleworks "Traveling Stitcher's Case" finished. I had the stitching done over a week ago, but just kept putting off attaching it to the case. In my defense, we did just receive the finished cases, part of the Spring line, last week, but you know I looked at the pieces for at least a week and wondered if I was going to do it or pass it on to Carolyn. I even lined the stitched pieces in Black Bird fabric...yes, I was on a roll. And I'm thrilled with the finish pieces. Each of the finished pieces is sewn onto the case leaving the top part open so you can use it as a pocket. The needlecase piece becomes a scissor pocket. Cute! Housewives alert: Ellen S. who keeps me updated on anything to do with the Housewives e-mailed me the latest news on the Countess....her husband e-mailed her that he was less than satisfied with the marriage and apparently found a new love overseas and would not be returning. Now, as many of you know, after 31 years my "x" told me basically the same thing...O.K., it wasn't by e-mail...he wasn't overseas, but he had found a new love...as he said, "someone who cared about him, unlike us." Yes, the little whiner left while I was shopping the Nashville market. Frankly, he did me a favor....while I didn't realize at the time. I love being alone...I love having control of the T.V., I love not having dirty dishes in the sink, unless they were put there by me. I love not having to make meals when I don't want to. I love being able to sit up as late as I want without someone whining about how many times he heard the refrigerator open, or how many times the toilet was flushed. Yes, ladies, if that man of yours moves on I say, take a day or two to cry and swear and then relish time alone with one of the best people in the world...you! I can guarantee you he isn't having as much fun as you are. Well, at least that's how is it in my world. Everyday isn't a bed of roses, however, when I get home after a crappy day, my home is now my oasis and I don't have to listen to anyone's crap once I'm here. After 31 years I felt liberated...once I got past the crying....I'd say about a week. And at least I wasn't on T.V. while it happened...oh, Countess, I almost feel your pain. In case you are interested, the weather here is iffy at best, cooler by the ocean, but the sun was out all day yesterday so it was lovely. Today we're suppose to have rain all day, however, right now the sun is trying to escape from the clouds so I'm hopeful that the rain won't start until later in the afternoon, to give everyone some time in the sun, to ride bikes, walk the boardwalk...whatever. I hope it's sunny where you are and your Easter weekend is getting off with a bang. A perfect weekend to get some stitching done. Have a great day.

No comments: