Thursday, February 13, 2014

We made it......

Neither sleet, snow, rain or hurricane can keep us from our appointed rounds so we arrived in Nashville for the market on Wednesday.  While the drive was drama free and we saw just snow flurries we were both relieved to arrive.  And we were greeted by several designers so that just makes it more exciting.  I'm still feeling a little off and was no help to Sara which I'm sure is making her a little nervous about the show days and my help but it's Thursday morning and I'm feeling a little better this morning....I think...fingers crossed.   I'm being extremely careful about my arm so I haven't stitched as much as I usually do and it's driving me crazy.  What I should have had stitched in 2 days is taking me so much longer....oh, my getting older is really a pain in the ass.  I did finally finish the front side of a Barbara Ana biscornu and now the back I'm hoping to have done today.  Sara is still working on a piece that I swear she only brings out when we go to Nashville and works about 10 minutes on it.  Last night was no different.  I even offered to finish it for her because at some point this project just needs to be done.  And of course we are both looking forward to see what's coming out.  I'm in love with several of the new designs and can't wait for the market to start, although not sure everyone will get here with the snow storm....but I'm ever hopeful.  But today it's our shopping day.  We stopped at the yarn shop on the way down and Sara picked up some new yarns for her projects.  Since I wasn't really feeling up to par,  for the first time ever....I just sat in a chair and looked around from that point.  They did have some looms there that caught my eye, but as Sara kept mentioning when I mentioned them to her....I've already been down that road many years ago and the loom is still sitting in the attic....but these looms were smaller than the one I remember having, and more importantly they are newer.  But we still left without my purchasing one.  And someone brought in their triangular loom which has fascinated me since Pat rented one and managed to weave about 5 shawls in as many days.....fast and Pat says it was easy so you know that's right up my alley, but the downfall is you have to stand up to use it it's so large (duh, if my butt can't sit my mind won't compute).  But today I have another chance to find something fabulous around the Nashville area...here's hoping, but if I don't....I know several things I'm picking up at the show so my time here will not be wasted.  Anyway, we're having fun so far and I'll keep you posted on what we're finding.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Glad you are there safely. Have a great time.