Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh, No....I forgot something important....

I was sitting in the bathroom where I do most of my important thinking and realized as I ran through my list of "to do's" for tomorrow that I forgot the cart I roll from room to room to put all the bags, etc., in. During the show I lug the stuff, O.K., I don't personally carry the bags, I've always let the cart to that, so now I'm panicing. Then I also realized that we slept through the times where I could pick up my Kelmscott order early. Honestly, today has been a wasted day. When we got up this morning and connected (Sara and I get separate rooms to maintain our sanity)...we decided that we would have a mini retreat today and not even go outside. I mean a day of stitching and good company...well it doesn't get any better. Of course I stitched about 1 small motif before I started clacking away on the computer, but Sara stitched so I feel we did O.K. All that clacking made me tired so around 1:30 after a lovely lunch of lobster and salad I needed a nap. The lobster is of course the now famous $242 lobster from last night. Sara and I grabbed about 12 pats of butter this morning and I proceeded to melt it in a mug over a candle while Sara went downstairs for the salad. When she returned I explained that the candle went out and I needed matches...Sara said, "What are you doing." I replied, "I'm melting the butter", and then Sara said, "Well why aren't you using the microwave?" To which I said, "Microwave...oops, I didn't realize we had one." If you have never been in an Embassy Suites, let me explain that the living room area isn't huge, it's not like you can't see what's in the room, and in fact our bar is set up right under the microwave. I clearly am too old to be here. Sitting in my chair I can touch the microwave and yet I'm melting butter in a coffee mug over a candle like I'm Indiana Jones, and not getting the job done to boot. Anyway, once we melted the butter, (Sara took over the job since she could clearly see that I'm way out of my element here), and sat down to eat it was delicious, but again, it wasn't worth $242. But now we've made 2 meals out of it, really 3 because Sara ate half so we can say it was $80 per meal and I still think it's overpriced. Lesson learned....when it says Market Price ask what the hell the market price is. Tonight we are joining Linda from Chessie and Me and her friend and going to a restaurant they always go to. I think I might be safe, although tonight I plan to look carefully at the menu, I might even put my glasses on, before I order. That darn Sara is still laughing at me...and you know I can't stand that! But with today being a rest day, and I took a good nap, I'll be ready to roll out of here without a cart (but I'm thinking of taking my suitcase), and start my Nashville experience...racing from room to room, checking out what everyone else is getting and making sure I get some too. There are several new companies here and several old companies not here so we might actually find something we haven't seen before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...although there are more needlepoint companies than ever before....and I don't usually do much with them...but then again there are some yarn companies...and I intend to see them and of course all the designers....can't wait for the Petit Etui....oh, I'm excited. I probably won't be on line later on tonight because I want to get plenty more rest...so I'm saying good night for now, unless something happens tonight at which point I won't be able to resist coming back on-line, but I'll definitely post tomorrow night after running the floors. Have a great night! Keep those needles moving....

1 comment:

Candi said...

Oh my!! I hope you both are having fun, I'm jealous! I'm glad you learned about your comments, if you want this tuesday at stitch and bitch I can show you a bunch of things on here. See you tuesday!
~*Candi*~