Saturday, January 30, 2016

I've had plenty of stitch time and I'm really moving forward......


I've been busy, busy, busy getting pieces stitched before the pre-stitch for classes arrives.  (unfortunately for me, they arrived this week so my stitching may slow down a bit)  But anyway, on the plus side I've gotten several pieces completed so I thought I'd show you some that aren't framed, but have been stitched and will now make their way to the framer.  The 3 are all from Shepherd's Bush, and the two on the left were already started so these were pulled out of a tote and finished (yeah, my goal is being met here).  The Wave, which is the first one you see was in all honesty 3/4 of the way finished.  I just had the top and the two side borders to stitch so I'll pat my self on the back for finishing, but really...not giving myself a lot of credit on that one.  Birdsong Sampler, the second picture was also partially started, however I hadn't even finished the middle section so there was a lot to do with that one.  Of course since I started it a couple of years ago I no longer had the buttons with it, but I'm going to put a little Shepherd's Bush bee on it near the flowers and call it a day.  (In going through bags I found some left over buttons from Shepherd's Bush fob kits which is where I came across the button.  Since I do the fobs over 1 instead  of 2 threads the buttons never fit on the fobs so I use them for other projects.)  The 3rd picture, Good Luck Box,  was new to the tote, well from spring of 2015 and it hadn't been started.  But I wanted a new sample for St. Patrick's Day and since this was small it was my pick.  Unfortunately for me, one of the small buttons representing the gold in the pot had only one hole for attaching so I'm still trying to figure this out, which is why you see the needle and thread hanging out of it.  I'm afraid if I try to open up the other hole it might break the button all together.  Before the end of the weekend I'll figure something out.  Sara said to use a dremel, but since it is one of the only things I don't have...well a trip to the store might be in order.  Anyway, I am having fun pulling stuff out of bags and putting them in rotation.  I've almost finished the quickpoint pillow I started 2 years ago and it's a Santa and I don't care I'm going to finish it this week or die trying.  Have a great day..and keep those needles working.


2 comments:

normajean53 said...

Try using a bead to secure the one-hole button. Nice work!

Sally Rutka said...

Hi Norma Jean,
Thanks so much for the suggestion. Sara solved my problem by replacing the one button with one of the buttons from another kit. But that was a great suggestion. I'll use it next time I get the one eyed button.