Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer has officially begun...

Yeah, it's a happy Memorial Weekend here...Sara, Brian, Mary and I all have some sort of illness (flu who knows) but the hacking and blowing of noses is driving me crazy. I haven't stitched in over a week because I'm too sick to sit and stitch...I go home everyday and just lie down and pray for sleep and a day without whatever the hell I've got. At least I don't have the Spanish speaking community using my back yard as a toilet (yet). But we are infected by the first wave of "junebugs". Sara saw them playing 3 card monte and why do they always end up in front of us. Is there a sign out there saying, "If you are an asshole, please stop here and do something to irritate Sally and Sara!" There must be because we always get them. We don't rent to them, so why the hell do I have to put up with this crap? While we didn't call the police, 3 policemen happened to stumble by on their way to get something to eat, no doubt, and broke the crowd up. So ends another delightful day with the Junebugs. And then we had the jackasses who can't count. A man came in to the desk, asked if we had any rooms for "me, my little girl, and my girlfriend." So Mary quotes a room for 3, he rents it and in walks his girlfriend and her daughter so there are 4....apparently his girlfriends daughter doesn't count? What the hell is wrong with people. Everyone needs a friggin bed for God's sake. Honestly this is aggravating when I'm well, but when I'm sick...well if I had a gun....aren't we all fortunate that I don't because if I did I swear I'd shoot him to take the number down to 3. I love the selective counting people do when making reservations. I can guarantee you that when they file their income tax every head is counted! God, I pray just let me make it through this weekend...I did get a visit from Jen R. from New York. She is so not the New York housewives shown on Bravo...and she's such a hoot. She cusses like a sailor (always brings people nearer my heart) and her extended family gives her plenty of ammo when it comes to tales. Anyway, she visited on both Saturday and Sunday and then tomorrow my two "peeps" from Chincoteague will be here to have a little stitch 'n bitch. I've had a full weekend folks, and I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll be fit as a fiddle and ready to dance. ...O.K...I didn't post this yesterday so I shall continue my saga on Memorial Weekend. I arrive in the office today to find that the asshole who rented the room with his girlfriend and his daughter..not mentioning the 2nd child...left before I arrived and when Brian went up to strip the room they found candy ground up in the sheets and the carpeting along with...vomit...which apparently flew everywhere. Yes, folks, welcome to the hotel industry....where we sit back, collect money and go on vacation all winter...or so people believe. While I will say we haven't had anyone trash a room before like this, since we don't rent to Junebugs...we have had messy tenants...but not tenants who deliberately do this to a room. What kind of pigs are these people...I mean they slept in that room with that mess...oh, My God!!! I'm too old for this crap...I really am. I'm taking the day off to stitch. Well, I'm working a shop but you can bet I'm not going to do much. I'm still fighting the coughing and hacking and today I'm sweating it out..oh, joy another lovely side to this flu. If I were a dog they would just put me down....Hope the day improves...and I hope yours started out well and ends well. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh Sally ~ I'm so sorry that you all are sick & hope you guys feel better soon. That's fricking idiot who is cruel to rip you off by lying to you & destroy your room. That's no respect. I love your hotel & would be happy to stay there. It's very nice classic hotel just like bed & breakfast inn. I would be happy to come over to find him & kick him in the ass. LOL Hope you get better!! HUGS, Dawn