Sunday, November 24, 2019

Santa's Tree Farm finally finished

Well, this certainly took a lot longer than necessary.  I should have stitched it on 40 ct. like the other series of Brendas that were shown on the top of the same paper mache box, but of course, I just had to wing it.  Never wing it....a lot more work and mistakes go into winging it.  In trying to get the same elements in this piece I moved elements around a little and I forgot about the snowflakes.  Fortunately, I think it's alright,  I did stitch extra deer and left off one large snowflake, but the important thing is...it's finished.  I stitched it on 36 ct. PTP linen, and used the recommended threads.  And, of course, attached it to the approx. 3" x 5" paper mache box.  I painted the box black first and then covered it with the Christmas plaid scrapbook paper, after which I glued the stitched piece to the top and box finished.  


 Now on to cooking for Thanksgiving.  We do Thanksgiving at Sara's house and Christmas at my house, but I like to pitch in with the cooking for Thanksgiving just to lighten Sara's load.   Therefore my mission for the next 3 days is grocery shopping and cooking.  Today I start with the cookies, since I have those ingredients.  Not much stitching will be going on here for the next 4 days...UGH!  On the plus side, there will be food.  Not sure I'll get back to blog again before Thanksgiving so I want to wish everyone a really wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with friends, family, food and a little stitching should you be able to fit it in.  If you are traveling, be careful so that you reach your destination safely.  If you come to Ocean City, I hope we will see you in Salty Yarns.  We will be here each day, Friday thru Monday from 10-4 p.m.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

The box looks great! I love the plaid.

vastitcher said...

Love the box. To you and your family, have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Sally Rutka said...

Thank you Lynn. This project was a challenge from the time I realized it wouldn't fit correctly on the box because I stitched on 36 ct. instead of 40 ct. (You would think I'd know better), but now that it is done I'm pleased with it, but it took some manipulation to get it all in....or most of it in. Thank you for your kind words though.

Sally Rutka said...

Thank you vastitcher, I appreciate your kindness and since I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a joyful Christmas.