Thursday, November 7, 2019

Just a quick note...

Sara just stopped by and picked up her pumpkin and delivered my copy of Inspirations, "Willing Hands".  This is such a well-done book,  so many of our favorite Betsy Morgan projects.  Plenty of pictures and directions, I just can't wait to start something.  Although, perhaps I'd be better off finishing the fabulous "Toy Chest Etui."  I started it years ago, after taking the class, and I had great intentions, however, you know how that goes.  I completed the stitching and finished the Toy Chest itself.  I was so proud, as Jennifer Humphries and I worked one weekend together and we both finished that piece.  Of course, Jennifer went further and finished the entire series. (I'm embarrassed to say I didn't.)   My thinking was that if the largest piece of the project was done I would definitely get the toys done to put in it.  I have one toy done, which we did in class, 3 more stitched but not finished, and the rest is just a twinkle in my eye.  But since that project is in the book, I think I'll get it back out and finish some of the toys already stitched and get more done.  I'd love to get this project finished before Betsy comes back for the very last time before she retires.  A very sad day for all the stitchers as we already lost Sherri Jones to retirement (well I know she has another class or two, but she won't be back to Salty Yarns again.)  While we know how much each of us loves retirement, my retirement affects no one, but Sherri and Betsy's affects so many.   Mercy, what a double loss.  Both retiring after 2020.  Anyway, while the first printing of these books is flying out of shops, there will be a second printing due around the first of the year.  This is a must-have for any stitcher.  So check your local shop to see if they have any left, or get on the list for next printing.  They retail for about $36.95.


No comments: