Wednesday, October 21, 2015

This is just one of my finishes....Shepherd's Bush Pumpkin Box Kit.  Small design, not even 2" x 2", but it has a lot of elements.   But because of it's size it was easy to stitch and easy to finish.  So a one night project.  My problem became what to do with it.  I've stitched all of the "Box" series (so fun) and I've put some in the Retromantic Box, and I've framed some using Jill Rensel's mats but I wanted to do something different.  So while in my stitching room I noticed an old, and I do mean old shadow box I had constructed for Halloween probably 20 years ago.  It was looking a little old and tired so I decided to take it apart, update the shadow box with a new glassed in model and then used a skeleton from Michaels, the blocks are from the old box, the skull was a bead from Michael's and the mouse was on a cupcake from Kay Fletcher that she brought to one of the events.  (everyone left the mice since they weren't edible and I scarfed them up because I knew sooner or later I'd use them).  I got the bottle of bones from Hobby Lobby in their scrapbooking section.  I had so much fun making this and the Spooktacular sign is a sticker.  I stretched my stitched pumpkin around a canvas that was approx. 2x2 or a little smaller and just glued it to the back of the shadow box on which I stuck the spider scrapbook paper.  I stay in the box so much of my life, I loved stepping out to make this.  Something a little different and a cute decoration for Halloween.  You can find all kinds of things to use at the hobby shops I never go in one that I don't scour the scrapbook aisle and bead aisle.  I've got all kinds of stash and I love it when I can go to it and find something I need.  Anyway, that's one of my finishes...I'll send more your way tomorrow.  Have a great day!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool.


Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Very cool.


Hope all is well.