Wednesday, July 23, 2014



 
New Gadget alert....love the gadgets and Carol Wentzel knew it and found me my latest favorite tool.  Thanks Carol...Love them!!!  These are clothes pins that work like vise grips, just not as hard.  You  can see I've got a white one attached to my Q-Snap on the right.   I love a 6" Q-Snap and seldom work with anything else.  I don't care if I'm using a yard of  fabric, for some reason the 6" just fits so nicely in my hands and isn't flopping around like bigger sizes do for me.  Usually I fighting fabric hanging down, and while I've become accustomed to it, I don't like it.  So these gadgets are perfect.  Thanks Carol...I appreciate your thinking of me and sending me a new tool.  As for my stitching....I'm pleased to say things are progressing.  I pulled out the mismatched fibers on my Shepherds Bush "Fold" and now it's moving forward.  I've almost completed the Quaker Needleroll by C. Theron and will have the majority of the stitching done on that by end of today.  I've also almost completed the front wall on the Welsh Cottage....thank God, since Linda was getting ahead of me and that drives me crazy.  So I'm in a good spot right now with my stitching and can see the end of the tunnel on several  of my projects...always a good thing since I seem to be bringing home more and more projects to do.  We got in more of the murex shell with the needlepoint inserts and they are going like hot cakes.  Sara put them on the facebook page and we got around 6 orders within the first few hours.  We did get more designs so now we have the shell, seahorse, dolphin, mermaid, crab,  oh, no I can't remember what the other one was.  Anyway, these are fabulous and so easy to do.  Very little stitching involved and everyone who has put one together seemed to have no problem.  Judy has hers already displayed in the shop, Pat finished hers in record time so this is a winner!  Beautiful and fast!  "Just Bee" from Hands on Design has literally flown out of the shop.  We started with  6 charts which also contains the fabric for finishing, Sara put it on facebook and we were out of them by the end of the day.  So we ordered 12 more and now they are out and we're working on 12 more.  So that's added a bit of excitement as we take bets on how many we can sell in a day.  Sara is on a first name basis with everyone at the post office since we send everything thru them.  And yarn arrives every day.  Sara is on a yarn jag and can't seem to get enough of it.  It really is wonderful to have her so involved in yarn since my "forte" is counted work.  Renee's is needlepoint so she is thrilled with each canvas we get in.  She is also the master of pulling fibers for them and coming up with suggestions.  Judy does some of each, much like myself so I'm not sure yet which one is her favorite.  So we all have our areas of expertise here.  Anyway, just wanted to touch base and let you know I'm still stitching as fast as I can.  Keep your needles moving stitchers whether you are knitting, crocheting, needlepointing or cross stitching.  It makes the day go by in a much nicer way. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love to read your posts! Okay so where can you get those clothes pins? I love my q snaps and fight fabric all the time. Thanks! Happy Stitching! Cindy

Sally Rutka said...

Hi Cindy,
I talked to Carol, the gift giver, yesterday and she purchased them at the Dollar Store. It's a win win...inexpensive and it works. Hope you find them there or just get them off the internet. Google spring clamp clothes pins.