Friday, July 18, 2014

It's a good day in the neighborhood...............


   It's a good day indeed...as you can see I have finally finished the last Ladies Prim Society offering, Salute to Abigail Adams.  I had a false sense of finish and then realized I had used the wrong color on 3 of the flowers in the border and I considered just saying the heck with it, I mean after all who would know?  But in the end I knew it would silently drive me crazy (I have a little bit of ADD I think) so I tore it out and redid and now I'm done.  But since I received another kit yesterday and already had one waiting I am still behind.  But it's a place I'm very familiar with and I'm getting use to living in that state.  I don't like  it, but I've adapted.  And so today I move on....can't decide whether to reward myself by starting a new piece, or pulling something started out of the old bag and working on it or perhaps do both.  I have,  in the past, worked on multiple projects in one day, especially if one of the pieces was either giving me problems, or I wasn't have fun with the stitch (after all isn't that the whole deal...enjoy the stitch?)  So I might do that and then as I get close to finishing something I automatically just stitch that to get it completed.  I have so many, it's hard to choose..  I'll let you know what happens.  O.K., a couple of days have gone by since I started this post so I've made some decisions.  I was off on Saturday (actually I'm off more than I'm on)...so I put in "White Queen"...why do I love these period pieces so much...it's like housewife on steroids...honestly each episode has a new family, queen, in charge and there is always fighting going on, sometimes with weapons.  Anyway, I pulled out my Quaker needleroll first and stitched on that...loving it, and have plenty of thread since I pulled one of each color out of the shop so I'm set to get this one finished.  I have actually finished half of one side...and I'm working the border and Nun Stitch for finishing along with the design so when I get done this side I've finished everything.  I hate finishing the design and then going back over something to do borders etc...learned that lesson early on and since I didn't do that with the Abigail Adams piece I was really reminded about this.  Anyway, after working on the Quaker piece for a few hours I decided to move on to another one stuck in the ba,g waiting attention, Shepherds Bush Fold...and here I started to pull our the grass to.   replace the color since I ran out (my own fault), and am replacing it with same color different dye lot out of the shop.  I  kept at it and have restitched quite a bit of that piece and then to reward myself for working on two "problem" pieces I started a new piece from the Colonial Gathering Club.  Since I am splitting the two clubs pieces between Sara and myself (big of me since Sara bought both club memberships for Christmas...one for herself and one for me and the minute they arrive I grab them all and bring them home.  Originally I did it so they didn't sit in a pile and accumulate...we both have too much of that going on...but now it's just a matter of greed on my part.  I just want it all and honestly Sara is too busy with the shops to do anything.  I can attest that running the 3 shops is so time consuming you generally don't have much time for anything else.  After saying that...well I'm actually doing Sara a service...yes, that's how I'm going to see it now...I wonder if I should charge her for doing the stitching?  Uh, oh, this is taking a bad turn...I will remember this as the wonderful gift it was and do it out of love...especially since she never asked me to do any of it.  (whew...I think I'm back on track here).  Anyway, I loved the first few of the club pieces because they were smalls, but now they are getting larger.  I guess you can only do so many smalls...really it's about all I do anymore, but anyway, I decided to do this one over 1 and then Sara can use it as a pin cushion, and I'll add a fob to go with it and perhaps design a case for it.  So let's summarize...I got one kit to stitch and now I've added two additional pieces which I will have  to design and then stitch.  Why do I keep doing this to myself...I could have stitched it over 2, made it into a door hanger and called it a day.  Let's face it, I'm an idiot!  Then I do have the stitcher's mat which is the latest to come in from the club and this I will make into a mat but will redesign so it fits in this beautiful tray we have in the shop from Priscilla's Pocket.  But this is an over 2 stitch so that should breeze right along (does that ever really happen?)  Anyway, I also pulled out another older piece I haven't worked on for a month, The Welsh Cottage.  I feel real pressure to work on this since Amy may be getting it and we all know she'll have it done in about a week (perhaps sooner) and this will cause me great anxiety so I need to get it done before she starts hers.  After all, Amy has already finished 3 toys for her toy chest (she was one the 3rd one yesterday so I'm sure it's done today) and while I have 3 toys stitched, only one is together.  I do have the chest together so I'm ahead on that, however, she just got hers a couple weeks ago and I've had mine for about 4 years.  And The Welsh Cottage is a challenge piece for Linda Wimbrow and I.  Linda is working diligently on hers so now I'm playing catch up.  We have to have this piece done by Christmas as I've already put the date on it.  (that should make me do it).  So I'm really focused right now...oh yea, I located stuffed in one of my stitching bags the Drawn Thread alphabet piece that I finished last year after locating in another bag where it was stored unfinished.  I keep losing this piece so now I am leaving it on the dining room table until I put the charms and button on it.  Then it's going to take a ride to the framer....I have 2 ready to be framed....a win, win.  Oh, that reminds me I have almost finished the new "Seaside Summer Alphabet" by Little House Needleworks.  Amy's starting to rub off on me and I decided to change out the words "Seaside Summer" for Ocean City.  So now I have to chart that and get it centered on the piece (uh, uh...do I spell a problem with this?)  I want this to get done so I'll work on it tonight so I can add it to the framing pile.  I'm moving things out of bags, out of the house and to the framers people.  I feel like I am accomplishing things here. 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I love this design. I wish it were available to purchase.