Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh, my God...I fell on top of my newest Grandson...

I was working in the office by myself (who was stupid enough to leave me alone?..in the office no less). Anyway, I heard my Michael call "Nana" and turned around to see him holding the baby. I asked him what he was doing with the baby and he just looked like a deer in headlights and said, "C.J. handed him to me because he had to run down Solomon." So I said, I'm coming, put him down on the bed and keep an eye on him. I got up, went into the bedroom, came around the trundle bed (the bottom bed was on the ground), tripped over something on the floor and went down like a ton of bricks...I hit the rail on the bed and got quite a gash, but the worst thing was I could see I was falling on poor little Izzie so I tried to grab a huge plastic container of Legos so that would keep me from going flat on Izzie and as I hit Izzie he flipped off the bed (thank God it was so low to the floor) and poor little thing he just howled. It scared me so I was screaming for Michael to run and get Mary as I was now prone on the floor which means it's a good 15 minutes for me to recover. Needless to say everyone came running as Michael was putting out the call to arms, Vernon, Sara and Mary all came expecting the worst I'm sure, but fortunately Izzie had just a small scratch on his head and I dare say I had the worst injury, however, it's a wonder I didn't have a heart attack between knowing I was falling on him and then trying to get off the floor...where's the derrick when you need it? Anyway, Sunday became a little mini Stitch 'n Bitch when Jennifer Humphries, Ellen Sweeney, Jen Ryan and Greg showed up to stitch. Linda and Candi were busy getting Candi ready for her first teaching job...new clothes, etc. Greg bought out McCabes in Fenwick so we had pastry to eat. I really shouldn't call it a Stitch 'n Bitch, because I didn't even bother to open my tote, Jen opened hers, did perhaps 4 stitches and thoroughly entertained the rest of us all day. Greg might have pulled his stitching out but it just laid there on his leg...but Ellen and Jennifer did stitch so legally we had a Stitch 'n Bitch. Today, Wednesday I woke up to a storm and it poured raining at points but of course by 3:30 it stopped which meant I was going to work. At this point I'm praying for a snow day. Yes I said snow...I've had with 90 degree hot and humid, I'm looking for snow.

No comments: