Friday, April 24, 2015

Sherri Jones Weekend....Wow!!! Great Projects, Great Teacher, Great Retreat


Stacy Stinson and the Patriot Patty group getting their ribbon Patty done.  It was so much fun.  First class I've taken as I usually do all the pre-stitch and Sara take the classes, but this year she felt she needed to be in the shop for the Tangles (another retreat in town) as they need a lot of fabric cut and she can do it better than I can (my back and feet start to hurt after a while-at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)  So I joined the Patriot Patty group and was so thrilled to do it.  First Sherri Jones is just a fabulous teacher  Her kits are complete, with plenty of fibers and fabric, her directions are complete, so if you take the kit home you understand what you are suppose to do.  You learn tips and how to's and she is constantly monitoring your work and helping you throughout the class.  I really can't say enough about how much I enjoyed the class.  Ours was a small class, unlike the Button Book class which had around 23 students, there were only around 8 of us so we got a lot of Sherri's  time. She provided great support and always encouraging words.   I got Patty done, but haven't had time this week to work on the box yet, but I know I will get this done and I see that Bernadette has already finished her Patty and the box and posted it on Facebook.  Kudo's Bernadette.  Nice job.  While you are seeing scenes from my class I forgot to take out my phone and didn't get one picture of the other class...oops, sorry.  But I've already seen posts from some of those ladies and the feeling is that they had a great time as well.  A weekend of fellowship with like minded people, and a great teacher with a fabulous project...well it just doesn't get any better than that, does it?  Thanks a bunch to Sherri, (shown in the last picture.)  It was wonderful.  We so appreciate your making your way down here.  We also thank all the stitchers who flew in and drove in to join us.  We couldn't do it without your support so thanks.  Also a big thanks to Staci Buhrman who came and cut fabric for us...thank you, and Ginny who flew in to assist as well.  She is always willing to jump in to get a job done, like winding a bag full of yarn for us.  Thanks Ginny...it was a big help.   The weekend actually started on Wednesday as stitchers began to arrive.  I got Debbie off on Tuesday and she was the last to leave, and then Sara and I moved on to prepping for our next event, which takes place this weekend...the Delaware Valley Sampler's Guild.  For the first time, and perhaps the last, we decided to put together a piece we picked up at the Nashvillemarket,  for them.  Which meant I had to get it stitched and put together, then get all the supplies together and kit it for them. 

This afternoon as some of the ladies were arriving, Michael and I were in a side apartment putting the kits together.  Whew...why are we always getting it done just under the wire.  I left the hotel after that to come home and work on the piece for Stitcher's Retreat.  Another brilliant idea we had in a weak moment.  I'm tired of giving the same old thing in the goodie bags and while the bag itself changes, we tend to put many of the same things in the bag.  I know we can all use needles, etc., but I want something new and different.  Well, I think we can say we have something different....or at least I hope we will.  Thank God I work well under pressure but it would be really helpful if I'd stop thinking of "one more thing."  So with the weekend looming in 7 days I'm working 24/7 in hopes of getting this done.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Things are really coming together.  Michael has taken his finals in all but 3 classes, and one of those will be done next week.  Then we are down to Science and Writing.  I can't say I'll be sorry for the break and I know Michael will be thrilled.  He thought we would be done this month and was very disappointed when I informed him we would be going to school until May 31.  He was not thrilled, but he's done well and has an average right now of 89.41% as his grade.  I don't see any reason why we won't end up with that or hopefully 90% after taking the last of the finals....I'm hopeful and a little sorry I won't be doing it again next year.  I'm relearning all the "stuff" I should have remembered from my days in school...thanks to a lot of web sites.  I can only imagine what brilliance I would display if I had access to the information children today have.  I'm telling you we'd all be Rhodes Scholars.  Anyway, his mother always said it was for only one year and apparently she's holding to that as she has informed me he's going back to public school now that he's caught up.  I guess next winter I'll finally have to clean the house as I will have no other excuse why I don't have enough time.  I might just take an online class just for the hell of it.  Well, I've got to get back to stitching....time is ticking away and I'm not ready for next weekend.  Talk to you later.  Hope you are getting your stitching done.  Thanks to everyone who participated. 




1 comment:

Stasi said...

Had a fabulous time, as usual!!! So nice to "commune" with fellow stitchers who share the same passion for stitching. Thanks again!