Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day One and an Oops already....

I don't know what happened to me, but I ran this train off the track.  First of all I was  so excited when I got my travel goodie bag with Debbie's return address on the box that I didn't look at the card closely.....when Sara saw me this morning she said, "Mom you do realize that the travel bag was from Debbie and Phyllis"....so once again I'm in trouble.  I can't believe I didn't realize that as Debbie and Phyllis go together and give me such wonderful surprises...I don't know, I saw food and gift certificates to my 2 favorite restaurants on the road and all the wonderful snack foods my mind just couldn't compute everything.  So Phyllis, I'm so sorry I didn't acknowledge your part in the travel bag.  Now I have to say, I enjoyed it all 9 hours of traveling today.  When I got home last night I just knew (as I stated in my blog yesterday...yes yesterday...can't believe I'm blogging two days in a row..) I'd finish packing and be done early so I could get plenty of sleep.  Well....best laid plans and all that...I sat on the sofa watching the boob tube while in my head I kept hearing "get your fat behind off this sofa and pack, or at least start stitching" and yet I ignored that little voice and kept sitting.  About every hour I'd think...after this goes to commercial I'm going to start packing.  This exchange went on until 5:30 a.m. when I thought...O.K. crunch time...I told Sara to be ready for pickup at 8:00a.m.  While she is never early...I'm always sitting at her place waiting, and not always patiently, for her to come on down.  This time I called her around 7:45 and said I was in the weeds....so I might be a little late.  At 8:20 I called her and said, "Please come over and help me pack the car...I can no longer do this."  So we finally hit the road at 8:35.  I didn't take time for breakfast and neither did Sara so by 10:00 I had opened our first snack of the day....Yummy peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets.  These were my father's favorite so to see them in our travel bag was a sweet reminder of my dad...and a great snack.  We made it to Cheesecake Factory and ordered, and when the food came I realized I wasn't feeling well.  So my time at Cheesecake Factory was spent in the bathroom, which I might add is nice.  Sara had a lovely lunch while I carried mine to the car.  The trip continued until 5:30 p.m. with only one "Oh, my God...I have to get to the bathroom" from me and I was feeling better so all in all an uneventful  trip so far.  The weather was tricky...loads of rain so the drive wasn't pleasant, and also while I usually make the trip napping until my head falls and it wakes me up...over and over again, today I only got one nap in.  We then hit the Cracker Barrel (thanks again Debbie and Phyllis) where I ordered my usual dinner ..Chicken and Dumplings and Sara got her usual salad.  And now we are back at the hotel to turn in so we can do it all over again tomorrow.  So let's hope tomorrow is more of the same...no drama...and the drive should be easier as they are forcasting sun...yippee!!!  We should be coasting into Franklin around dinner time.  I'll try to keep you posted...have a great night.

No comments: