Monday, February 25, 2013

Just a Snippet....

I can't take long because I told Sara I was working, but she knows I'm a "hearts" addict and everytime I'm on the computer I'm playing, so I have to hurry before I get accused of shirking my duties.  We are getting prepared for our annual road trip to Nashville, we leave tomorrow, which means the days prior to leaving are spent cleaning up the shop so Renee won't bitch at us, getting paper work done in the office so Mary won't bitch at us, well you get the drift.  So I had a list of "things" Sara needed to get done (well I said, "we" need, but you know what that means) before end of work today.  So she's cleaning, getting stock put away, etc.  I was over in the office getting mail orders out and when I returned there was a rather large box sitting on the counter with something in it bulging to get out.  I asked who shipped and she said, "It's for you from Debbie."  Well, needless to say I opened it right away, and you wouldn't believe the treats she sent us.  First everything is contained in one of those oversized reusable tote with a quilt design as it's theme and loaded down with goodies for our trip.  There were bags of popcorn I can pop in my room, (now that I realize there is a microwave there), Harry and David snacks to eat along the way, candy (oh, my...I'm in trouble), gift cards to our favorite eateries along the way...Cracker Barrel and Cheesecake Factory, a big bottle of excederin(God knows I'll need that) and two more items, one for Sara and one for me...with a tag attached when all else fails open these....the cutest bottles of vodka (skeleton bottles).  While Sara's sucking down the Vodka, I'll be eating the Excederins.  I'll use my bottle of Vodka as any lady would...sitting in front of the t.v. before dinner wondering where I went wrong.  The saving grace for us both is I rent 2 separate rooms so we can get away from each other....otherwise after 7 days together for 24 hours/day...well let's just say there would be a bloodbath on the news with our pictures attached.  Anyway, we're off first thing in the morning...can't wait....and I'll let you know on route what's happening.  Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Good luck and bon voyage!