Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday....February 28th...I think

We survived another weekend, we've almost got every bag from Nashville unpacked, but I'm still looking at a mess at home. Cynthia and Crystal left yesterday and we miss them already. We had a wonderful time catching up with them and swapping will be a lot different with just Sara and I alone again. We not only had Crystal and Cynthia yesterday entertaining us, but Greg was there as well. He's become quite the baker and each Sunday he brings me a treat that he baked. Sara doesn't appreciate it since she's my caretaker regarding my health and the diabetes...which of course I'm completely ignoring...but I'm loving the treats. While I spent the weekend grabbing stuff for my tote bag, Sara has apparently being doing the same. I grabbed the St. Patrick's Day gauze piece from Erica Michaels and started it Sunday night and it is so much fun. It's one of those pieces which you have to do prep work, sew fabric on it so you can put the small piece of gauze in a hoop, and so I have had some of these kits sitting in my bag since they came in last year, but prep work is a step I usually don't like to do. But Sunday I just took the piece and sewed the fabric on and got it ready to go for Sunday night. Oh, my God....I can't believe how much fun these are. At first I had a problem seeing it, but after looking through the 2 magnifiers for a couple of minutes my vision cleared and I was focused and I took off on a run. I stitch until I get tired and unlike Jayne Donchez who stitched hers in 24 hours.....I've worked on it for 2 days for a few hours, and I've got a couple of days more to finish it, working on it for at least 4 hours per night. But I have enjoyed every stitch. I can't wait until it's done. Sara got caught up in it and brought a piece into the shop today that she did her prep work on. By the end of the day she was so excited and couldn't wait to get back to it after dinner. These are like potato chips, there is no way you can only take one. We're almost done unpacking, so today was spent on mail orders and Sara's stitching. Unbelievable as it seems, I also have a ton of orders to get in as the new stock has brought about the need for new fabrics, fibers, etc. Well, I've got to get back to the web site, clean up more boxes, and get to stitching. I can't wait to find my camera to get pictures on the blog, but I still haven't found it or my trollbeads necklace. Where the hell did they go? Well, I've still got one bag still sitting here so perhaps that's the go to spot. Think I'll go to it and see if I can't find it. Have a great day.

No comments: