Thursday, June 1, 2023

Stitch 'n Bitch is back.

That's right, Stitch 'n Bitch (or as Sara has renamed it, Summer Stitch) is going to take place the the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month (all summer) from 1p.m. to 3 p.m. in the classroom at Salty Yarns.  June 8th was the first Stitch 'n Bitch since the Pandemic so you know we had something to talk about.  (I should note that I had plenty to say so no one else had a chance.  I promise to let others talk next time.)  So stitchers it's time to get your stitch on with like minded friends and I ask that if you have any show and tell, bring it along.  I'll supply the drinks, ice tea (sweet & unsweet), coke, and diet coke and I'll bring a sweet or two so please come meet me for a couple of hours of stitching and I'm sure I'll be bitching about something. Hope to see you there.  On another note....there will also be Summer Knit day on the 1st and 3rd  Monday of every month but you can come and stitch if you don't knit, so come on and join us.  

Last week I pulled a chart I just loved when I first saw it and it certainly reminds me of summer so I thought the timing was good.  Heart in Hand's "Seaside Tiny Town."  Normally I stay away from houses since they are boring to me, but these were so small, and I've done 2 or 3 of the Tiny Town's so I knew it wouldn't take that long so I pulled out the called for fabric, pulled the recommended floss and went to town.  It took a few days to stitch, but I was only stitching at night basically so it's a fast stitch.  They include the beads for the eyes of the seagulls but other than that I did exactly as it is graphed.  Too cute



I really like the drums so that is the finishing I chose to do, but they also show it as a flat piece, so you are not limited to drums if you don't like finishing them.

Before I stitched the tiny town piece, I wanted a quick stitch and I chose "Busy Bee Pinball Kit" by Praiseworthy Stitches.  This came as a kit so all the supplies needed to stitch Busy Bee were there.  I hadn't finished a pinball before, so I figured how hard could it be.  I came to regret saying that.  The stitching took a day (this time I did stitch off and on during the day and night), but there wasn't a lot so the next day I started finishing.  I imagined it would be bigger than it was which for me means it get wonky  My hands are big so small pieces can be hard for me.  Well, I got it together with the backing and thought I was well on my way to a finish.  I even got the first ribbon around to hide the 2 half balls joining.  Of all things, it was the ribbon for the top and hanger which drove me completely around the bend.  I didn't see the model in Nashville so after a few tries at a different size bow I took it to Sara and asked her.  She  said she didn't remember, so I gave her the ball and asked her to finish it.  My job was done, Sara's had just begun.  She now has it in the shop so she did put the finishing touches on.  Thank you Sara.  

Yesterday I finished the 3rd Polar Plunge -  "Wally the Walrus".  Of course I stitched it on the same Wintery Mix linen as the first 2 and used the same Classic Colorworks floss.  I will be using the same linen every time and the same floss selection.  I will also use the Mill Hill beads for the holly berries, and the Mill Hill Petite white beads for the snowflake globe.  This is such a cute series and the finish is so easy on this. So the only thing I'm having an issue with is how to finish the top of the ornament.  I'm not a fan of a bow, unless it's necessary to hide something.  There is nothing to hide on this ornament, so the first 2 I didn't use the bow, just flat ribbon which I was going to put a snowflake on and never got the snowflake attached.  So this time I did the bow, since Sara likes it, however I didn't attach the red bell.  God only knows what I'll do next, but when the series is done, whichever way we like best, I'll go back and do the same finish on all of them.

Well that's it for today.  Hope you are having a good day, because I've had a great day.  Started a new quick stitch this morning which I will absolutely (now I have to) finish tonight.  Talk to you soon.
Hope to see you on the 8th.


3 comments:

Stasi said...

So wish I lived closer and could join you all!!! Maybe one day I'll pop in!

Robin said...

Me to Stasi….I wish I could just hop on over for Stitch n Bitch Tuesdays!

Jan Hartman said...

Sounds like a fun time