Friday, June 23, 2023

In April I finished one of my favorite samplers, "Be Kind To One Another" from Needlework Press.  Everything about this spoke to me,  I loved the colors and the message so I decided to stitch it on a 4" Antique White banding I had in my stash. In order for it to fit on the banding I did have to stitch it over one, but I was thrilled with the look so I didn't care. When I was done I wanted to use a spool to hang it but I wanted it to lay flat on the wall....so of course I went to Vernon and he cut off the back side of the top and bottom round part of the spools and it worked.  But then to make it more versatile because we all love to use our displays for more than one project, I put a button on the back of my piece,  a few inches from the top and made a loop that would  go over the button, on the end of the banding,  so I could remove the banding from the spool easily and change this out for different occasions and seasons.  Now I can use this one spool for multiple projects. 



I finished the stitching for the 4th Polar Plunge series, Penguin Pair and had to search for the snowflake scrapbooking paper I had for finishing to no avail.  I remember the lady who cleans for me was coming and I was cleaning so she wouldn't think I was dirty or unkept and I remember grabbing the paper but not what I did with it.  I have boxes with scrapbooking paper in it waiting for me to go upstairs and get the craft room set up,  but for some reason I didn't put it in there so I spent 3 days, yes three, taking apart my summer room looking for it.  Emptied all the totes, searched all the boxes and on Wednesday I told myself to just order more so I could get on with things.  On Thursday I was getting ready for Stitch 'n Bitch at the shop (I don't care what they are calling it) and I went through my stitching bag in the den and there was the damn paper.  I actually had to leave the summer room, go through the kitchen, and get this tote filled with projects I'm thinking of but hadn't gone through for about a month and put that darn paper in there.  Obviously, while cleaning I was so distracted I just carried it in there and said the hell with it, I'm sure I thought I would remember doing it, which of course I didn/t.  Anyway here is the finished Penguin Pair.


This really has been a fun series and I've now got the finishing down to an hour, if that.  There are only 2 more to go, so if you haven't started this one...do it.  Before I talked about the ribbon, which I didn't want to do but Sara liked it so I've finally decided on this bow and this ribbon and will now go back and redo the tops on the first 3 so every one of them match.  
As I mentioned, Stitch 'n Bitch was yesterday and it is really fun to be a part of.  Lacey called to see if I wanted to do lunch before going, so she and I met up for lunch then joined several others at the shop and I am pleased to say I did make two stitches this time, however everyone else stitched the entire time, plus people brought show and tell.  I love Show and Tell.  Saw some amazing finishes to say nothing of what people are working on.  Linda and Candy were working on their stitch along of the Primrose Cottage Stitches Christmas piece while Kathy and Debbie G. were working on their Stitch along which was a Jeannette Douglas Summer-by-the Sea which is part of a Seasons piece which can also stand alone.  Gorgeous.  We also had Debbie B., who is a regular at some of our events and is in Ocean City for the week, and when she told the family she was coming to Stitch 'n Bitch,  her daughter asked if she could come as well.  So if you are in Ocean City for any part of the summer don't hesitate to join us for either Summer Knit on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, or Summer Stitch (Stitch 'n Bitch) on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month.  It's held in the classroom in Salty Yarns.  I happen to go to both the knit and the stitch and I only take my stitching so you can too if you want.  It's held from 1:00 p.m -3:00 p.m.
I did finish Primrose Cottage Stitches, "Home of the Free" which I will be showing as soon as I remember to take a picture since I already delivered it to the shop.  
And now I have started on an oldie but a goodie.  "American Strawberries" from The Prairie Schooler.  I'm working on Patriotic display pieces for Salty Yarns so these will be perfect.  
Well, that's it for today.  Hope you find some time to stitch.  See  you next time.

No comments: