Monday, March 6, 2023

I'm Back.....

Yes, I've finally given up trying to figure out how to blog on our shop site and thought I'd try out my old site (after Stasi Buhrman and Sara's encouragement) and so, I'm back.  There have been major changes in all our lives here, but most importantly a major change to Salty Yarns.  Since we sold the Hotel last May 2022, we have had to all move to our own homes, which is the first time I've had a home as I've always lived on the hotel properties.  And, Salty Yarns had to move as well and we moved to Berlin, just 15 minutes away into a space that's almost 3 times the size of our original location, and we have Tractor Supply as a neighbor.  It's a good thing!  We even have a food truck that parks on the parking lot every week....and you heard that right we actually have a huge parking lot. It's been wonderful.  We closed the original location after Camp Wannastitch, for approx. 3 weeks and reopened in the new location for Superbowl.  We gained a new employee, Mary who used to work at the hotel, but has moved with us and she's been so much help to Sara and Vernon who were in charge of getting this done.  But we could never have done the move without so many of our customers who gave up their time and energy to come in and help pack up the original location and then showed up to help unpack all the stuff and get it set up on racks, etc., in the new location.  And it wasn't just the women, some volunteered their husbands who then helped Vernon with racks or Sara with getting merchandise out.  Without these wonderful customers, we could never have gotten done so quickly.  So Thank you all!  And the new shop took off like a rocket with the Annual Superbowl Sale.  It was so nice to see so many of you showing up to support us and we were thrilled with how well the shop took off.  Sara was worried no one would find us, but so many showed up to support us it was exciting.  And it has continued to be exciting each week and we couldn't be more grateful.  Right now, Sara, Stasi Buhrman and I are on our way home from Nashville Market with the van so loaded down with all sorts of "New", fabrics, Hug Me Bags, hundreds of new charts, threads, well Sara and Stasi just bought like crazy for 3 days.  I stayed in the room putting inventory in the system and getting stickers on all new merchandise.  Of course, as I would ticket it, I would spend a few minutes looking at what they brought back and without Sara with me, I was able to sneak some of it into one of my suitcases before she knew what I was doing.  Now I can't wait to get home so I can start something new.  Stasi has already finished two projects she brought and tomorrow will start another one.  I've been working on "Beach Please" from Hands on Design and will hopefully have it finished as I have a Shepherd's Bush project bag I want to start.  But we will be home tomorrow and Sara, Mary and Vernon will be in the shop getting the van unpacked.  Sara is giving me the day off Wednesday so I can get ready to get my apartment packed up as the movers are going to be in OC to move the rest of my belongings to my new house.  I seriously can't wait.  I've been living in the house since October and have been slowly moving since then, but I need to finish this so I can get up everyday, in my new home, and just stitch all day without worrying about what is still in the old apartment.   Can't wait!  

4 comments:

Debbie B said...

Hi, Sally. It's been fun seeing the pictures of the move on Facebook. I can't wait to get down there and see the new shop in person.

Robin said...

We are all so happy for you and your family with how the sale and move it turning out. Salty Yarns is still a favorite of so many of us. And we are glad to see you blogging again as we always enjoy your posts.
Robin T.

Jan Hartman said...

Sally so glad to read you back on your blog! It has been a whirlwind several months for you all but glad you made it to Market and back! Can't wait to see you all and the new shop

jhm said...

It's nice to have you back again!