Thursday, March 4, 2021

Getting ready for Spring...

 Spring brings many images to mind, flowers blooming, sunshine days which are becoming warmer and warmer, Easter, and for us Jackie DuPlessis classes and Spring Retreat.  But also for stitchers, it brings new projects featuring all those things.  I started already with a cute little ornament for the Easter tree.  It's called Jelly Bean Delivery from Brenda Gervais' latest booklet, "Jelly Bean Jubilee."  The book is fabulous and has 7 Easter-related designs.  All shown using DMC colors.  Linen colors aren't specified so pick your favorite linen and have fun.  I stitched on 28 ct. linen which happened to be a mint shade of Colorscapes collection from Wichelt.  I stitched using the recommended fibers, however, I did use a couple of specialty stitches.  The satin stitch for the jelly beans and the chick's wing, a Smyrna stitch for the chick's cheek, and straight stitches on the wheel.  I used rick rack in the finishing.  The overall finished size of the ornament is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2".  Fun to stitch!  


Now I'm working on Heartstring Samplery's, Springtime Edition Festive Little Fobs, which I stitch as one design instead of 9 different smalls.  I've done several of these Fob editions and just love stitching them.  It's usually fast and easy, but apparently, I've has been distracted and I've had to rip out several sections.  UGH!  But I've decided to leave one section in which I used the wrong color and call it done.  I'll post it tomorrow after putting the date and initials on.  Then I get to pick out a new project and tht's always a good thing, even though there are so many to choose from.  I'm also getting really excited about the upcoming online needlework show.  I miss the Nashville market terribly and all the people I usually get to see there this online show will help ease that pain.  So I'll post again soon, and hope that you have time to put your needle to work and enjoy the stitch.  



No comments: