Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Don't we all do this at timesx...

Continuing with my "all things green" needed for March, I was going through charts and ran across this by, who else, Brenda Gervais.  It's really a chart I'd already told Sara I wouldn't be stitching, although I do fudge a lot, but it's a green frog so was put into rotation.  To keep it completely green I changed the lettering from black to WDW Juniper, which is a black-green.   I stitched over 1 on 28 ct. Antique White linen, just to make it cuter...everything done over 1 on any count makes it smaller and cuter don't you think?  Anyway, definitely a one-day stitch, easy and fast..now that is my motto.  I used a real needle under the frog, although the needle is charted for you.  I used the called for threads, WDW Scuppernong, and GA Cornhusk for the frog and the crown which is charted for you I replaced with a crown shank button I had (didn't even remove the shank just make a hole big enough to shove it through).  The needle I didn't attach but slide it under 1 thread on the left and one thread on the right.  Then called Sara and after making a few snide remarks regarding my statement of not ever stitching it,  she had a frame made to the correct measurements and it's done and will be in the shop tomorrow.  Now I'm done with St. Patrick's Day stitching (unless something else pops up), because I have several pieces already done in the shop.  


Moving on to Spring and Easter, can't believe Easter is less than 30 days away.  I need to get busy!  Have a wonderful week.  Hope you find some time to stitch.



No comments: