Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Joy to Ewe and everyone else and projects are getting completed!


 After much thought I decided to turn my Shepherd's Bush "Joy to Ewe" into a pillow, and I was glad I did.  I love it.  Thank you Carolyn for turning this into such a cute pillow...fabulous.   Stitched on 18 ct. linen over 2 the pillow finished size is approx. 11" x 8" (I forgot to measure it so I'm guessing. but it's a nice size).  The design size is approx. 3.5" x 4.5" on 18 ct.    I love stitching on 18 ct. over 2 because it just goes so fast.  I don't quite understand why it seems to stitch up so much quicker...I mean it's the same amount of stitching, but anyway, a one-two day stitch at most.  If I could change anything, I would have made the "o" in "to" the same color as the rest of the lettering, but I kept telling myself to let it go it was fine...in the end I would have preferred to have it burgundy, I really have to stop listening to that inner voice.  18 ct. is also so large  you get to use pearl cottons on it.  I don't think I did on this one but normally I try to use the Weeks Dye Works and DMC.  Anyway, it's a fast stitch in case you forgot someone on your Christmas list but have a day or two to get it done.  People coming into the shop have loved it and we've sold our little embellishment kits over and over on it.  The chart is free if you purchase the linen and the fibers which come to about $15.50.   I can tell we're building up to Christmas because I don't have a minute to spare in my quest to get gifts stitched in plenty of time to then get things framed or together.  Of course I'm in my usual state of incomplete, however I've managed to get the piece that needs framing done and it's on it's way to the framer and I have another piece complete and while I muddle with thinking I should really try to finish it myself, I know Carolyn will be bringing something Sara is having done back to her so I'm racing to get a couple of pieces done in case she shows up while I'm there because I know I'll save myself a lot of stress if I let her do them.  Tick Tock people....Dec. 25th will be here before you know it.  There is just no time to spare.  In fact I've got to run because there is stitching to be done.  Have a great day!

No comments: